dcsimg

T4B

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am contemplating getting the t4b for my current mitre saw till I can get the axial glide. I think someone here did the same thing and put it on their dewalt.

What saw do you have now? The manual has a list of compatible models from other manufacturers.

i have a dewalt 12 inch scms, I think it is on the list when i last checked, i just haven’t gotten around to getting it as the mitre saw gets moderate usage right now. It may get more usage closer to spring. I can wait for a bit before I get one.

I am contemplating getting the t4b for my current mitre saw till I can get the axial glide. I think someone here did the same thing and put it on their dewalt.

What saw do you have now? The manual has a list of compatible models from other manufacturers.

i have a dewalt 12 inch scms, I think it is on the list when i last checked, i just haven’t gotten around to getting it as the mitre saw gets moderate usage right now. It may get more usage closer to spring. I can wait for a bit before I get one.

Do you move your saw from site to site? A stand like the T4B would be better if you move it a lot. If you do not move it a lot, you could build a stationary cabinet for it. One of the below plans has folding extensions to save on space:
    http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/project-highlight-ultimate-miter-saw-station/
    http://www.popularwoodworking.com/projects/ultimate_miter_saw_stand

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i would combine the woodworkers journal miter saw station with some spots/slide outs for lboxx’s like brad build the other day.
    my GCM12SD is on a T4B and sits most of the time in the garage.
    but if i have to move it (what i do during the summer time)…then its quick and easy to do. really convenient!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

She certainly is. Super hot, and buys me tools. What more could I want.

I’ll have to get her permission to post pics of her on the interwebs. 😆

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Do you move your saw from site to site? A stand like the T4B would be better if you move it a lot. If you do not move it a lot, you could build a stationary cabinet for it. One of the below plans has folding extensions to save on space:
    http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/project-highlight-ultimate-miter-saw-station/
    http://www.popularwoodworking.com/projects/ultimate_miter_saw_stand

Yep the T4B is pretty darn heavy/strong for what it is but still has some wobble. If yours is mostly stationary it’s kinda a waste to drop $300 on a folding stand.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

She certainly is. Super hot, and buys me tools. What more could I want.

I’ll have to get her permission to post pics of her on the interwebs. 😆

Delta

No I wouldn’t do that… Not a good idea no matter what the guy with pointy ears says,,,,,

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I’d give up my Kapex before I gave up my gravity rise and Best fence stand

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Good to know that the TB4 is that good.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like having my miter saw on the T4B stand and it never leaves the shop, it’s great for space saving. When I need it I wheel it out stand it up and when I’m done I fold it down and wheel it back against the wall

Can someone who has a t4b (and even better, a glide on a t4b) tell me the measurements it takes up when folded away, including height?

I am mapping out a new layout for my garage that I think will give me more space, and a key idea is putting my planer on a t4b and my router table on a TS2000. Would make for four tools on wheeled stands (miter, TS, planer, and router table)

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Can someone who has a t4b (and even better, a glide on a t4b) tell me the measurements it takes up when folded away, including height?

@madman_us
    should be able to assist with the measurements. He has a Glide on the T4B.

— Glenn Botting

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I can let you know tonight if you can wait. I will tell you the axial on the t4b takes up just as much space folded away as it does set up. It’s virtually the same. I always had mine set up with the wings in. The gravity rise was/is really nice for moving it around though.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@Montreal_Medic

Looks like I took some measurements a while ago of it folded up. Ill get some of it set up.

Used the bosch app for those photos BTW!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

@Montreal_Medic

Looks like I took some measurements a while ago of it folded up. Ill get some of it set up.

Used the bosch app for those photos BTW!

Thats perfect! Thanks

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@madman_us should be able to assist with the measurements. He has a Glide on the T4B.

i could have yes 😀 but brad had already some on his phone.
    the bosch app is really useful!

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I was just talking about this stand the other day. My new 12 inch axial still has no stand. Wont be making a site visit for several months, so I have time to decide. Reviews like this make it hard not to redeem for it.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I was just talking about this stand the other day. My new 12 inch axial still has no stand. Wont be making a site visit for several months, so I have time to decide. Reviews like this make it hard not to redeem for it.

I have redeemed for the T4B but am still waiting for it to be shipped along with my Axial. Can’t wait to give it a go. Could have used them today with the little bit of framing I did this morning.

— Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have redeemed for the T4B but am still waiting for it to be shipped

Frank that sounds great. Hopefully you will have it soon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

thats gonna be a massive package when its delivered to your door

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

thats gonna be a massive package when its delivered to your door

I’ve seen the box in the store and am aware of the size and the GCM12SD. I am hoping that Jim will be able to have both shipped to my work on a pallet. They have a receiving dock, from there I can get inside my SUV.

— Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.617 seconds