dcsimg

T stack vs L-Boxx my observations.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I have been using both for a few weeks and thought I would share my thoughts. First off both systems are excellent and do a wonderful job of holding your tools and getting them from point a to point b. First noticeable thing is the plastic used to make each box. The T stack is made from a more pliable plastic and it is possible to distort it to the point of being difficult to get the lid to close. The L-boxx is “harder” and seems to more durable overall to me. However, the hardness means the l-boxx is more likely to scratch and cause the L-boxx to lose its new look. Stacking mechanism. The l-boxxes will stack and attach almost immediately if the the little white blocks are removed. The T stacks will only lock into a stack if the the latching “arms” are purposely engaged. I like this system best. My l boxxes often get locked together when I don’t want them too and the little white clips are hard for me to keep up with.
    The lboxxes have plastic latches while the t stacks have metal latches. I think that makes no difference one way or the other. The T stacks came with a top tray, a feature none of my L-boxxes had. I kept one to use and threw the second away. Obviously trays are not a big deal to me.

I got my L-boxxes from BTP and was going to add more. However, I got to the point I needed two more boxes right now and couldn’t wait to order. I found a store with Tstacks on the shelf so I went for it. Like I said earlier you can’t go wrong with either one.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

Thanks for sharing the comparison with us, seems like a good review of both boxes. I have been trying to decide if I want to get into a box system or not and I can’t decide which one to go with if I do.

From what I have seen with my L-boxx as to being harder and finish ruined. Thought the same thing when the first when came. Have 4 that are in constant use and in travel in truck tool box. They hold up very well, wouldn’t worry about them

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I will have to say I am very happy with my L-Boxx’s that I have. I can see , some of the points noted in the review,. I will have to say that the boxes I use regularly are holding up well. Price wise I think thy aer fairly close. The one thing is that I do see the t stack at more retailers.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I love my TStaks. I feel the softer plastic is less likely to crack like an egg. Plus Im a Steeler fan :)not that it matters

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

The one thing is that I do see the t stack at more retailers.

Local availability could very well be the deciding factor on my decisions for future boxes. I rarely decide I need something far enough in advance to order online. I quite often leave the job site to pick up a tool or box.

I will have to say I am very happy with my L-Boxx’s that I have. I can see , some of the points noted in the review,. I will have to say that the boxes I use regularly are holding up well. Price wise I think thy aer fairly close. The one thing is that I do see the t stack at more retailers.

The key advantage I see the with the T stack are the compartments, but still happy I chose the L-Boxx for most things.

Thanks for posting your thoughts on both systems . Real world use is the best reviews .

Always willing to learn .

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thanks for your comparison of the two. I have been on the edge about getting a T-Stack but with this thread will have to check it out again. Maybe there are some good youtube videos of it in use I can check out.

A Working Pro since 2004

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

One difference I forgot to mention. Side handles. They are on the L-boxx but not on the Tstack. They make lifting a heavy box into the bed of a truck much easier.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

thanks for your thoughts,

I noticed difficulty finding l-boxx on shelf here as well. Just one store that i know. More annoying is that the stores dont even sell the models that come with the boxes. Not going to introduce people to the system if they are not in the stores.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

thanks for your thoughts,

I noticed difficulty finding l-boxx on shelf here as well. Just one store that i know. More annoying is that the stores dont even sell the models that come with the boxes. Not going to introduce people to the system if they are not in the stores.

That is a very good point, I would think most tools would be sold in L-Boxx’s, especially drills and the like. It would show people how handy they are. I think Most Festool tools come in Systainers, but I do not think Dewalt sells anything in T-Stacks or tough boxes.

When I was looking at storage solutions, I looked at the T-stak. They look pretty tough but what I didn’t like was the weight and lack of as many styles and sizes as the L-boxxes and the Systainers.

Went with the L-boxxes and have no regrets.

I think the t-stak is better than the lboxx because they’re softer, less likely to crack, you can open middle boxes without unstacking the ones above, easier to line up one handed, the bigger lboxxs can be hard to line up with 1 hand. I also like being able to stack without them latching together.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I also like being able to stack without them latching together.

That is the best

@jdw1865 nice comparison. I’ve got the drawer t stak which is now my full time electrical box and it serves the purpose quite well. I was thinking about picking up another for router bits. I do love my l boxxes too. I have to try the drawer units but they’re really expensive.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jdw, Thank you for your observations. Very handy to know.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Great information to share. I have not even considered t staks before. I have been very pleased with the l-boxxes. I seldom move tools so for me they make for great tool storage and are very movable sitting on a l-dolly.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I am setting up a cart to use for installs of padding in gyms. My plan is to use L_Boxx’s on top with most of the tools and have my new Festool MINI underneath. I need to add a 1A for fasteners and possibly the 1 that comes with 2 slim packs and a charger from the list. it looks like a fairly good deal. I will still have my portable band saw in it’s own box to deal with however.

One difference I forgot to mention. Side handles. They are on the L-boxx but not on the Tstack. They make lifting a heavy box into the bed of a truck much easier.

Great comparison, just started to accumulate some L boxes,
    In Montreal I know of only one store that sells the L box, but it comes with a tool, so if you already have the tool.

But see many big stores carry the Dewalt boxes
    As you mentioned I do like the added tray.

But I’m liking the L boxes to.

Both companies make good options for different trades.

The t stack have some convenient features, like being able to access a drawer without un stacking

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.649 seconds