dcsimg

T-Rex footprints

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Miamicuse 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Not sure where to post this question there isn’t a best matching forum for it so this is may be a good starting point.

Starting a project to do two 10X10 concrete pads in a backyard, along with a gazebo with an outdoor bar.

That’s not the problem…the problem is the client’s 8 year old son made me promise to put life size T-Rex footprints on both concrete pads to make it look like a 2 ton T-Rex just walked across the two pads. I said “I’ll see what I can do…”. I said how about a few smaller cat paw prints, he said no no no no no…T-Rex!

This is a footprint of a T-Rex, kind of…

So first, how large a footprint are we talking about here? The size of a basketball may be?

How would you do it? Take a piece of plywood and use a jigsaw to trace it out, then attach it to a broomstick with a swivel?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If you make a positive mold and leave a negative in the cement it will fill with crap and water and mold. You might want ti make very shallow.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

CB
    Pro

Curious how the client who is actually writing the check feel about the life sized T-Rex foot prints?

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Here’s a video that may inspire a solution for you Sami.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

There’s another solution here….

https://dengarden.com/gardening/garden-stepping-stones-jurassic-path

Even easier, looks like you may be able to simply buy them pre-made here.

http://www.matcrete.com/Animal-Track-Stamps.asp

$275 gets you a 16 inch T-Rex but I’m unsure if you get both left and right footprint stamps. You’ll have to contact them Sami.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I think I would go with the stamps. nothing goes further that pleasing the children of clients. It also creates tons of good will and referrals for going the extra mile.

from the description of the project, it sounds like$275 would not put to much of a dent in it.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

If you make a positive mold and leave a negative in the cement it will fill with crap and water and mold. You might want ti make very shallow.

That’s what I was thinking. Too deep and it will not only be a pain to keep clean, it will also be a trip hazard.

But a larger print say 10″ – 12″ being evenly shallow makes it look very faked.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Curious how the client who is actually writing the check feel about the life sized T-Rex foot prints?

He is all for it. I did tell him I am not sure about “life size” and “realistic” looking. You don’t want his kid to twist his ankles every other times he runs over these.

I think I would go with the stamps. nothing goes further that pleasing the children of clients. It also creates tons of good will and referrals for going the extra mile.

from the description of the project, it sounds like $275 would not put to much of a dent in it.

It’ll be fun, I’ll see if the timing works out I’ll have the kid decide where to place them.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

There’s another solution here….

https://dengarden.com/gardening/garden-stepping-stones-jurassic-path

Even easier, looks like you may be able to simply buy them pre-made here.

http://www.matcrete.com/Animal-Track-Stamps.asp

$275 gets you a 16 inch T-Rex but I’m unsure if you get both left and right footprint stamps. You’ll have to contact them Sami.

Thanks Kevin. That is a great find! Looks like the T-Rex print is 16″ long with a 3/4″ relief. I don’t think left/right prints are necessary as that one looks fairly symmetrical.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.337 seconds