dcsimg

Super Sawsquatch

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Better late than never I guess???
    I’ll stick with my Makita beam saw.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

total beast!!!! they upgraded the base plate to be more durable too with the increased foot print and weight.

i have teh 10 1/2″ modle and love it.. only issue is having the gen 1 diablo blade which warps way too easy

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

That is one big bad boy for sure. What uses would it have besides timber framing?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Better late than never I guess???
    I’ll stick with my Makita beam saw.

I have the Makita as well so I will stick with it too.

We use ours on decks and pergolas where we do not want to have to cut the 6 x 6 parts in 2 cuts. The single cut saves time and looks better.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

total beast!!!! they upgraded the base plate to be more durable too with the increased foot print and weight.

i have teh 10 1/2″ modle and love it.. only issue is having the gen 1 diablo blade which warps way too easy

I have replaced that suck a55 blade with a BigFoot blade and it’s a good one!! I think It’s a Tenryu blade.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That is one big bad boy for sure. What uses would it have besides timber framing?

Deck building Lon. Would be nice to cut a 6×6 in one pass.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

When you’re build a house and fabricating a bunch of headers, you can nail up 16′ or 18′ material and then lop it into the lengths you need. Just plan where you need to cut before you nail it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man there are a lot of uses for the big beam saw!! 6X14s is a good one. Head cuts on rafters.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.374 seconds