dcsimg

Suggestions regarding Plumbing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey!
    I am residing in the city region for the past few days the water pressure is comparatively low and the neighbours are stating there is an issue in the drainage. Can someone help us regarding this? How to know whether its the issue with drainage or with the pipe.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Water pressure on the supply side has nothing to do with the drain side.

If the pressure is suddenly low it could be a number I f things.

Is the pressure low everywhere? Shower, sink, outside bibs?

Buy a $20 pressure gauge and test your pressure at an outside bibs. Ask the city what the expected pressure is and see if it’s outside the range.

You may have a hidden leak that is causing a pressure drop too. Make sure no one is using any water in the house then look at the water meter. If it still spins you have a leak.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Hey!

I am residing in the city region for the past few days the water pressure is comparatively low and the neighbours are stating there is an issue in the drainage. Can someone help us regarding this? How to know whether its the issue with drainage or with the pipe.

A low water pressure would be in the piping coming to the home. If a whole neighborhood experiences a drop in pressure, that would be something to talk to the local water utility about. One of their towers or pumps may be offline, or there could be a serious leak somewhere that has gone undetected.

Doobie

Kurt has this right.

Sami also with his remark…

You may have a hidden leak that is causing a pressure drop too. Make sure no one is using any water in the house then look at the water meter. If it still spins you have a leak.

Can’t see any ‘Drain’ related issue on this involving incoming water pressure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.208 seconds