dcsimg

Suction- Vacuum Recommendations

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  CB 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Recently I purchased new carpet for my house which is medium-high pile. Tried my old vacuum on a scrap piece and It tears up the carpet leaving it extremely frayed.
    I need a good vacuum recommendation. No prob with budget will pay for a nice vacuum.
    I need it to have the best suction possible.
    Thanks for any advice

Doobie
    Pro

Any of the higher end Mieles is my strong recommendation. We have a Continuum model and the suction is adjustable as well as the power head has a foot swith controllable height mechanism.

But have you considered that maybe it is your carpet that is toast and should be replaced anyways?

Thanks Doobie

Thanks Doobie

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like a small unit with good suction.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro

Thanks Doobie

No prob. ☺

Doobie
    Pro

So @krobertz, what did you end up buying?

Doobie
    Pro

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I have a recommendation from this vacuum review to buy a Kenmore elite, and I am delighted for that. This vacuum has a HEPA filter and very powerful.

Welcome to BTP
    Those are nice vacs
    Have you had a chance to try the Bosch dust extractor , they also have HEPA filters
    😁

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I have a recommendation from this vacuum review to buy a Kenmore elite, and I am delighted for that. This vacuum has a HEPA filter and very powerful.

Kenmore you say, huh? That’s the brand that belonged to Sears -a company who never made anything? And who’s long gone.
    Are you for real or just popped in for advertising?

Doobie
    Pro

Kenmore you say, huh? That’s the brand that belonged to Sears -a company who never made anything? And who’s long gone.
    Are you for real or just popped in for advertising?

Jewell is obviously just trying to drive traffic to her review site imo.

CB
    Pro

So was Kara (Krobertz), the OP. This entire thread is a joke. Kara, the OP, created a fake story under a false pretense to drive hit traffic to her fluff review page, while another respondent (Jewell, likely sitting in the cubicle nextdoor to Kara in the basement of the Internet Research Agency somewhere in Moscow) posts a suggestion and a link to drive traffic to another website.

Interesting that Jewell’s BS was caught and removed, while Kara’s BS was taken seriously and remains.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

So was Kara (Krobertz), the OP. This entire thread is a joke. Kara, the OP, created a fake story under a false pretense to drive hit traffic to her fluff review page, while another respondent (Jewell, likely sitting in the cubicle nextdoor to Kara in the basement of the Internet Research Agency somewhere in Moscow) posts a suggestion and a link to drive traffic to another website.

Interesting that Jewell’s BS was caught and removed, while Kara’s BS was taken seriously and remains.

Obviously they are going to to great lengths to achieve what? Traffic translated into advertising into money? Is it that rewarded the whole game?

Doobie
    Pro

At least the OP Krobertz was initially replying, thus maybe why the thread stayed. Most spammers never do reply. They’re typically hit-and-run artists.

CB
    Pro

Obviously they are going to to great lengths to achieve what? Traffic translated into advertising into money? Is it that rewarded the whole game?

I don’t know what the reward is, but in the words of Deep Throat (of Watergate fame, not the other famous 1970’s era media event having the same name)… “Follow the money”.

That has to be it, ultimately.

I miss the usenet days, when communicating with others on a subject of common interest was not laced with this element of commerce. Bulletin boards have been replaced with forums, and every forum I’ve visited has this issue.

And not just by random fly bys, but by regular members, who now, instead of posting on a topic, will instead create a post with a link to a video on their youtube channel, to garner more views so as to get whatever youtube pays out in ad revenue for that traffic.

Just this morning, I read (on a different forum) a regular member post a comparison review of 5 different widgets. Come to find out, he never personally owned, never personally used, and never personally even seen in real life any of the widgets he made a youtube review video of. He just selected the top selling widgets on Amazon, created a catchy title, made a bs video, and had what I assume to be monetized links to each product in his description or in the video somehow.

And this guy was a regular forum member… for years… but it dawned on me in retrospect that every one of his posts involved a link to his youtube channel… how he fixed this or that. How he installed this or that. But no real conversational engagement with the members of the BBS, or rather, the forum. So it’s everywhere.

What was once a source of candid points of view, liberated by anonymity and unencumbered by commerce, has now become a cesspool of hidden agenda.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.535 seconds