dcsimg

Subcontracting?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    vos
    Pro
    oswego, NY

Hey haven’t been on hear in a while. so little up date i have finally opened my on construction company 5 mounts ago. so my question is wheres the best place to look for jobs to be subbed to me?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What phases of the building are you looking to do?

vos
    Pro
    oswego, NY

would like to do some framing and siding but I’m set up to do everything but excavation concert and reroof

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@Vos The best place to look is in your phone book. The guys you already know are the ones that will help you find work.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@vos Lots of larger companies will even start subbing out work once they don’t have the manpower themselves. With Seasonal construction you will see these opportunities open up as the year progresses. Best thing is networking as @jponto07 mentioned

A Working Pro since 2004

Hey haven’t been on hear in a while. so little up date i have finally opened my on construction company 5 mounts ago. so my question is wheres the best place to look for jobs to be subbed to me?

I will add Have you tried to advertise on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter with friends and family seeing your work and them
    Sharing it so there friends see it . Doesn’t cost you much .

Always willing to learn .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

@vos The best place to look is in your phone book. The guys you already know are the ones that will help you find work.

This is true. I got alot of jobs thrown my way when starting out just by talking to my old boss (who I left on really good terms with) along with a lot of the other trades that I became closer with on those jobs. I’ve had entire house framing jobs come my way from plumbers, so just ask around and make people know that your looking.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

start with the builders you know, I have had a few guys that worked for me that left to go out on their own subcontract work from me.

vos
    Pro
    oswego, NY

my previous employer is subing some jobs out to me and I’m using Facebook with little results also have paid them $250 for advertising by accident. I didn’t know if there were any websites that larger companies posted for subs

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I will second going to builders you know. If they know you then they know what kind of work you do. Once you get seen on a couple sites framing other builders will call.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

you could sign up with blue book and look at the local plan rooms, but most of that would be commercial.

Check the phone book for local GCs. Call and setup appointments for face to face meets. A firm handahake and a confident face to face can do wonders for you. Don’t do random job site drop ins…not the time to take away time from the GCs schedule.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Try to get in touch with your known friends on social media and ask them.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Try to get in touch with your known friends on social media and ask them.

You’re right the social media seems to be a good way to get contacts with the younger crowd.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

If I was starting out again, I would stop in at a few lumberyards and talk with some sales folks. Over the years, I have gotten countless jobs through the lumber yard.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Closed mouths don’t get fed. Just talking with everyone you know about what you’re doing will lead to jobs and most jobs lead to new acquaintances and new jobs. It can take time but if you can hang in there for a year or two you will end up being the one needing subs. Good luck on your new venture!

j

Closed mouths don’t get fed. Just talking with everyone you know about what you’re doing will lead to jobs and most jobs lead to new acquaintances and new jobs. It can take time but if you can hang in there for a year or two you will end up being the one needing subs.

So true, we had business cards made, but it was mostly word of mouth from one client to another,
    Remember most people have families and go to get togethers and so on, or from talking to co workers. , that’s how we had received numerous contracts.

Can imagine it could even be better nowadays with social media
    As long as your honest and do a good job.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.268 seconds