dcsimg

Stilla's Life of Finish Carpentry.

This topic contains 123 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  JimDaddyO 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Author

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Pretty neat. Never seen something like that. The big sliding doors make it pretty cool and unique

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is white oak plywood with a 1/4 x 1/4 channel cut into the face to look like shiplap. the barn doors are 1 1/2 thick and the cabinet doors are 1 1/4 thick.

That came out very nice. I really like the look of the closet. Very nice work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

This is white oak plywood with a 1/4 x 1/4 channel cut into the face to look like shiplap. the barn doors are 1 1/2 thick and the cabinet doors are 1 1/4 thick. the oak is backed with birch plywood. The oak ply was cut in half change the direction of the grain and as such each door is made from 2 pieces, and the seam is placed in the 1/4 x 1/4 channel. The channel is on the face of all the doors and returns. the base is mimics a shadow bead base, there is a solid oak shelf atop the base on the cabinet to support the barn door guide.

This was a tough project for me. I learned a lot doing this. I think it came out great, understanding i am not a cabinet maker.

I think it came out looking great, from the pictures you would never know it was your first time. Great job.

This is white oak plywood with a 1/4 x 1/4 channel cut into the face to look like shiplap. the barn doors are 1 1/2 thick and the cabinet doors are 1 1/4 thick. the oak is backed with birch plywood. The oak ply was cut in half change the direction of the grain and as such each door is made from 2 pieces, and the seam is placed in the 1/4 x 1/4 channel. The channel is on the face of all the doors and returns. the base is mimics a shadow bead base, there is a solid oak shelf atop the base on the cabinet to support the barn door guide.

This was a tough project for me. I learned a lot doing this. I think it came out great, understanding i am not a cabinet maker.

Well, that’s a very large cabinet, and you did a fine job making it. I guess you are a cabinet maker (also) now.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.322 seconds