dcsimg

Stilla's Life of Finish Carpentry.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Stilla
    Pro

My boss wanted to hide the supply lines to a washing machine. This is the first time i have ever attempted to build cabinet doors. The rail and stile are 3/4 poplar, the panel is 1/2 birch. I used 3/4 overlay hinges. I mitered the corners of the doors, but i did use biscuits. I would have mortise and tenon the rail and stile, but i was aware i could mess it up as i don’t have a sled to perform the cut. My panel doesn’t rattle and i didn’t glue it in. I was very happy with my first attempt at building cabinet doors.

That looks pretty good. I don’t think I would have mitered the corners, as I bet the cabinet doors above are not mitered either. I can’t really tell from the pic, but typically they are not.

The cabinets doors above are mortise and tenon. I am thinking my boss is now aware that this kind of work is something i can do. I now have to prepare myself for such work. Next time I will be more professional.My experience with built-ins is showcased in the topic. You are viewing my first attempts at gaining experience with built-ins.

Sounds like you need a domino for that.

i would love to have one, its my next big tool purchase.

I have made a few cabinet doors. Some raised panels, some simple flat panels like those. I find the material has more to do with the end result as anything. Square, dry, and straight. A domino is nice for a few doors like that.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is the first time i have ever attempted to build cabinet doors.

By the looks of them they came out pretty nice. Good job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Last days on the job, the protection in the kitchen was removed. I finally get to grab a few images of our work.

The kitchen looks stunning. Nice job @stilla

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@Stilla very nice idea for hiding the water valves for the washing machine.

Very nice looking kitchen, I like the look of a white kitchen, and the details of the moldings and such, great job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The kitchen came out very nice.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Last days on the job, the protection in the kitchen was removed. I finally get to grab a few images of our work.

The kitchen looks stunning. Nice job @stilla

I’ll say very nice work Stilla, very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Stilla
    Pro

So the job is done, the painters are applying the last coat of paint. The spec home will be furnished so a prospective buyer of the home can understand the space. Every built in, all the running and standing, the kitchen, the vanities, all the interior doors, the stair stringer work was done by 2 carpenters and 1 apprentice. My first day on the job was August 28th, my last day on the job was December 9th. This video was made so i can show my family who live far away what work i am currently doing. I am sharing the video here, as it encompasses everything i do.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow @stilla very nice, that is some amazing work shown in that video.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That is one big house. Miles of trim in it. Everything looks neat and tidy and well done.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

very nice walk thru Stilla – looks very good in there. great job from you and your guys

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very nice work. Lots of trim for sure. Thank you for sharing the video.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@Stilla very nice work, great color and moldings, that ship lap wall came out great.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I am sharing the video here, as it encompasses everything i do.

Great work @stilla, thanks for posting up the video.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@stilla very nice work, great color and moldings, that ship lap wall came out great.

I thought that wall came out nice as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Stilla
    Pro

So, what am i doing now a days? I won’t be able to capture any images, as I am fearful that somehow I will be causing harm, somehow, and it’s best i don’t try to anger anyone. But, I am working on the Greenwich YMCA. It was built in 1916. I am kinda shocked that that my crew and I are doing finish work in a building that is on the National Register of Historic Places. Its a major project, that is highly visible, and the topic of its renovation is spoken about throughout the community, so if i do a bad job, people might just want to know my name. That is scarry.

I am glad i have the opportunity to work on the preservation of this historical building.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

So, what am i doing now a days? I won’t be able to capture any images, as I am fearful that somehow I will be causing harm, somehow, and it’s best i don’t try to anger anyone. But, I am working on the Greenwich YMCA. It was built in 1916. I am kinda shocked that that my crew and I are doing finish work in a building that is on the National Register of Historic Places. Its a major project, that is highly visible, and the topic of its renovation is spoken about throughout the community, so if i do a bad job, people might just want to know my name. That is scarry.

I am glad i have the opportunity to work on the preservation of this historical building.

I am sure you will do fine, the work I see in the video looks great. I do hope you will reconsider posting up some more photos.

Congratulations on getting this job, judging from the previous work, I to am sure you will have no problems.

That kitchen is awesome! Came out really nice.

Orange County, CA

Stilla
    Pro

This is white oak plywood with a 1/4 x 1/4 channel cut into the face to look like shiplap. the barn doors are 1 1/2 thick and the cabinet doors are 1 1/4 thick. the oak is backed with birch plywood. The oak ply was cut in half change the direction of the grain and as such each door is made from 2 pieces, and the seam is placed in the 1/4 x 1/4 channel. The channel is on the face of all the doors and returns. the base is mimics a shadow bead base, there is a solid oak shelf atop the base on the cabinet to support the barn door guide.

This was a tough project for me. I learned a lot doing this. I think it came out great, understanding i am not a cabinet maker.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.337 seconds