dcsimg

still not convinced

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Well that is an option. As long as you can keep fixing the one’s you have then why not? Do you also put the lipos in a bag? Those things can be violent if they get mistreated.

@ svensshutters, your absolutely right, they can be very dangerous. I do not keep them in a tool bag, or even tool box for that matter. Usually keep them on my work table. I have had one get extremely hot when I was charging it. It got so hot it started melting the casing. My bad, when I assembled the unit I had the balance charge cable get pinched, causing it to short and that is how it melted. BUT PLEASE PEOPLE BE CAREFUL I would not recommend trying this. Although the pack is unbelievably light weight and lasts long on a charge. They do have a tendency to be dangerous. Thank for bringing that important point up svensshutters

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have a lot of older 24 V Bosch that is Ni-Cad, but the batteries are all bad. Tools are good. it would be interesting to be able to convert them to Li-on, I don’t think it would be worth rebuilding the batteries. Anyone know what it costs to rebuild a 24 volt battery?

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

I know there are some places that will rebuild NiCad battery packs. I’m not sure about conversions from NiCad to Lithium.

Bert

I know on Ebay or Amazon, their is a place in California that will rebuild them. It was about 60 ish for a 18 volt ni-cad and if I remember that was for the same amp hour. You could also do it with Nimhi most common chargers will accommodate both battery chemistry. If I find it in my favorites I will post a link.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Batteries Plus will rebuild Nicads and guarantee them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

@ svensshutters, your absolutely right, they can be very dangerous. I do not keep them in a tool bag, or even tool box for that matter. Usually keep them on my work table. I have had one get extremely hot when I was charging it. It got so hot it started melting the casing. My bad, when I assembled the unit I had the balance charge cable get pinched, causing it to short and that is how it melted. BUT PLEASE PEOPLE BE CAREFUL I would not recommend trying this. Although the pack is unbelievably light weight and lasts long on a charge. They do have a tendency to be dangerous. Thank for bringing that important point up svensshutters

No worries, I remembered it from having RC’s. They even make bags for li-on batteries while they are charging. Just in case they explode.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow – what are those torqued at? Mine are 110 ft/lbs and they’re good but I bet if you have an HD it would take some more.

I’m still trying to figure out the HTH182-01 with 7/16″ hex drive, I think the rating is like 500ft lbs but I don’t understand that chuck?

That is the same as the 1/2″ hth, just different chuck. I have the 7/16″ one. I use it for auger drill bits and just use an adapter for sockets.

I’m also with matt, what do you have your lug nuts torqued too?

Yeah it’s a 2500HD and if I remember right they’re at 140ft lbs

Also I didn’t know that 7/16″ hex drive has a socket adapter, i’m liking that idea more & more now

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have one like this that I use when I’m not tearing through a wall with an auger bit.

Hi guys , I would try this place Voltman batteries ,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have one like this that I use when I’m not tearing through a wall with an auger bit.

That thing looks like a animal!! Where do you get those at?

Attachments:
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ohhh yeah now I see what that 7/16″ hex chuck is all about, That’s it for me. I’m convinced that impact is the way to go, You can use sockets on it and the other hex bits if need be. thanks for the pic of that adapter. I think @Moze needs to see this

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

@dirtywhiteboy I had my local faster place order one for me. I made sure that they ordered a impact rated one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@dirtywhiteboy I had my local faster place order one for me. I made sure that they ordered a impact rated one.

I’m surprised it doesn’t come with one, so is it something special that’s hard to get? I assume you mean your local ‘Fastenal’ place

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’m surprised it doesn’t come with one, so is it something special that’s hard to get? I assume you mean your local ‘Fastenal’ place

Yup, that is the place. Not hard to get and they can be found online as well. I’m wondering what else the 7/16″ hex is used for. Has to be something, otherwise I don’t thing that Bosch would make it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wow , I didn’t know that Fastenals were all over the country.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow , I didn’t know that Fastenals were all over the country.

Yeah I’ve seen them around here in the bigger cities, I was so surprised when they came here in my little town last year. I really don’t see them making a go of it though, Everytime I drive by or go in I’m the only one

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

We got three or four of those in town, but no bosch store.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yup, that is the place. Not hard to get and they can be found online as well. I’m wondering what else the 7/16″ hex is used for. Has to be something, otherwise I don’t thing that Bosch would make it.

The 7/16″ hex impacts are for lineman, to use where they would have used hydraulic tools, for auger bits and driving lags and whatnot.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The 7/16″ hex impacts are for lineman, to use where they would have used hydraulic tools, for auger bits and driving lags and whatnot.

Thank you for the info. I always wondered who used 7/16″

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.329 seconds