dcsimg

Sticker/decal swap

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I am thinking of debadging the truck.

When I buy a vehicle, I at least tell then I don’t want the dealership decal/sticker on it. They are not obligated to put it on and I don’t want it on for a variety of reasons.

I take them off, it’s not like they are paying me for advertisement.

My parents bought a new Subaru a couple years ago. The dealer put a sticker on it and my dad pulled it off… They took the car in for its oil change and the dealer refused the free oil changes they promised unless the sticker was put back on!

Dad kept pulling the sticker off and the dealer kept complaining…went on like that for quite a while.

That’s not right! I wonder how the manufacturer would react to that if he contacted them to let them know what their dealership owner is doing. That’s BS if you ask me. Would make me want to take my biz elsewhere.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yah I would’ve taken my business elsewhere but let me tell you the car dealerships are all crooks and I have yet to meet one that will deal with you straight. I can not wait for the day tesla becomes accessible for the common man. The problem is the dealerships aren’t really the car company, they are made for dealerships to make money. Tesla doesn’t have dealerships.

I’m curious, is there any swapping going on? kswiss and I have a trade going. Anybody else?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m curious, is there any swapping going on? kswiss and I have a trade going. Anybody else?

Me and utopia78 swapped a few different things back and forth

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I need to get in on this but only have automotive decals to trade 🙁

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I need to get in on this but only have automotive decals to trade :-(

Do you have any snap on stickers?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Just got this in the mail. I guess this completes the first official swap thanks @PI_Woodworker

View post on imgur.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have just started receiving stickers and decals from various places. Miller electric has sent me 4 sheets of stickers, so once I get a larger variety of stickers, i’ll post up and see what everyone else has.

Doobie

I have yet to meet one that will deal with you straight.

There are some that are not like that. We had a GM dealership here in Ajax that was run honestly and ethically. I could spend an hour telling stories about how they ran such an honest business that I experienced.

Unfortunately, the owner died and the kids didn’t want the business instead choosing to close it down and sell the vacant dealership to become a Mazda dealership a year or so later.

I had been so impressed with them over the years that when I heard they were closing I went over there in the last few days they were open with a food tray of snacks and shook the hands and wished good luck to the fine people I had the pleasure to deal with over the years.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

There are some that are not like that. We had a GM dealership here in Ajax that was run honestly and ethically. I could spend an hour telling stories about how they ran such an honest business that I experienced.

Unfortunately, the owner died and the kids didn’t want the business instead choosing to close it down and sell the vacant dealership to become a Mazda dealership a year or so later.

I had been so impressed with them over the years that when I heard they were closing I went over there in the last few days they were open with a food tray of snacks and shook the hands and wished good luck to the fine people I had the pleasure to deal with over the years.

sigh those are days gone by, now its all about the bottom line and it sucks. It could be just me, I had a 2007 honda civic when you get into the driver’s seat there was a stupid piece of plastic that would catch on to my pant leg, eventually after getting into the car enough times and pant catching enough times the plastic tore off, I asked them to fix it, they said yah you have bumper to bumper coverage but not on that part. My 2010 ford escape started to rust the first winter on the back gate right at the lip. It took emails and phone calls and months of bugging someone to get something done. They took it in and just slopped paint on top. When I mean slopped I mean they took a brush and just flicked paint on top so the rust ate through that the next winter. My 2014 nissan versa, brand frigging new there were holes in my chrome so bubbles came about, i asked the dealership I was going to for oil changes and they told me yah we won’t fix that, i had to go back to the dealership I bought it from to get it fixed, which wasn’t too bad. The chevrolet dealership has had my truck for a week and half. They initially wanted to pass off substandard work to my wife and she pointed it out to them so they took it back and have been working on all the work all over again. we will see what happens on monday lol.

sigh those are days gone by, now its all about the bottom line and it sucks. It could be just me, I had a 2007 honda civic when you get into the driver’s seat there was a stupid piece of plastic that would catch on to my pant leg, eventually after getting into the car enough times and pant catching enough times the plastic tore off, I asked them to fix it, they said yah you have bumper to bumper coverage but not on that part. My 2010 ford escape started to rust the first winter on the back gate right at the lip. It took emails and phone calls and months of bugging someone to get something done. They took it in and just slopped paint on top. When I mean slopped I mean they took a brush and just flicked paint on top so the rust ate through that the next winter. My 2014 nissan versa, brand frigging new there were holes in my chrome so bubbles came about, i asked the dealership I was going to for oil changes and they told me yah we won’t fix that, i had to go back to the dealership I bought it from to get it fixed, which wasn’t too bad. The chevrolet dealership has had my truck for a week and half. They initially wanted to pass off substandard work to my wife and she pointed it out to them so they took it back and have been working on all the work all over again. we will see what happens on monday lol.

Man, you’ve had a lot of problems with your cars. I’ve only bought three new cars and haven’t really had any problems with them. My 1999 4Runner has 173,000 miles on it and it’s still running pretty okay. I’m planning on replacing it soon……….with another Toyota!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Man, you’ve had a lot of problems with your cars. I’ve only bought three new cars and haven’t really had any problems with them. My 1999 4Runner has 173,000 miles on it and it’s still running pretty okay. I’m planning on replacing it soon……….with another Toyota!

see the thing is that they aren’t huge car problems, just minor ones that they don’t want to address or do a crappy job at addressing.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Just got this in the mail. I guess this completes the first official swap thanks @PI_Woodworker

Nice decals, I am waiting for some to come in the mail from companies that I contacted.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

I have Irwin Tools, KC Tool, and Wiha decals for trade and perhaps Festool too if anyone has anything in the tool area. Have to dig through some tool containers to see if I missed any. Anybody have something from Lee Valley?

Doobie

Anybody have something from Lee Valley?

No, but thanks for mentioning them. I’m gonna call them and ask. Didn’t even think about them. For sure I would display their sticker.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I posted some up buy nobody took me up on them…

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I got a pile of Knipex stuff today…two different sizes of stickers and a small zipper pouch.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I got a pile of Knipex stuff today…two different sizes of stickers and a small zipper pouch.

Nice score, looks like they really hooked you up.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’d say so! Totally thrilled with them!

Anyone interested in a few….I have 7 of the big stickers!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’d say so! Totally thrilled with them!

Anyone interested in a few….I have 7 of the big stickers!

Not sure if I have anything that you would want, let me know though.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘Sticker/decal swap’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.542 seconds