dcsimg

Steel buildings for an electrical workshop!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  MRenes 10 hours, 34 minutes ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

paul11
    Pro

Hi all,
    I am new to this forum. I am thinking of constructing an electrical workshop near to my shop. I have bought a land near to my shop to build the garage.

When I searched online, I found that pre-engineered steel buildings are being used these days. I am planning to do it with steel buildings.

I’m in search of commercial steel buildings in Ontario. Would like to know if anyone has any other suggestions.

Thanks.

Are you talking about those arch building like storage ones or post steel barn ones that are set on post and not concrete slabs

Always willing to learn .

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

@paul11 welcome to the community. Looking forward to your input and expertise.

Cheers,

Jim
    Community Manager

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Hi Paul,
    Welcome to the forum. Where in Ontario you located?

There are a few suppliers of steel buildings in Ontario.
    I have heard that Pioneer One Steel Buildings is one of the major players.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Hi Paul,

Does the supplier sell the building as a kit we’re everything is cut for you . Or you need to figure out what you need and the pull it off the shelf for you .

I am also new in the forums 🙂

zoren45
    Pro

Hi Paul,

Does the supplier sell the building as a kit we’re everything is cut for you . Or you need to figure out what you need and the pull it off the shelf for you .

My impression is you will give the measurements to them.

Any update on this project?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am also new in the forums

Drop by this thread and introduce yourself.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourself-v4-0/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hi @paul11 what did you finally end up building or buying for your workshop . Just was wondering if there was a up date .

Welcome @richardandrews it’s a great fourm to learn .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Hi @paul11 what did you finally end up building or buying for your workshop . Just was wondering if there was a up date .

Welcome @richardandrews it’s a great fourm to learn .

i’d like to see what you did, i am debating if i should build a new workshop as well, i don’t know if i want to lose the amount of space in the back yard.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Hi all,
    I am new to this forum. I am thinking of constructing an electrical workshop near to my shop. I have bought a land near to my shop to build the garage.

When I searched online, I found that pre-engineered steel buildings are being used these days. I am planning to do it with steel buildings.

I’m in search of commercial steel buildings in Ontario. Would like to know if anyone has any other suggestions.

Did you end up building a steel building?
    I’ve had good success pouring a 4” thick slab and using steel studs which can be ordered to length. I usually cut them with a metal cold cutting cordless circ saw, or a carbide metal cutting blade in a miter saw. I usually use 16ga or 18ga. for the frame and 20-22 for interior walls. Galvalume has been a pretty good skin for me but anything will work. Insulating steel can be expensive since spraying in closed cell foam is the only thing that really works well and can cost as much as the structure.

Thanks.

j

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Post Frame the building. It is most likely going to be cheaper and are easy to install.

Did you end up building it? @paul11

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.724 seconds