dcsimg

Stanley Shop Vac

This topic contains 31 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  madman_us 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Wellllllll, I’m still a bit confused (imagine that) about the hose thing too and what it will fit so here comes some stupid questions.

Is there a difference (mainly size wise and adapters) between the Bosch hose that Brad posted and any vac that comes with a 2 1/2″ hose? IF not I’m thinking I’d be better off buying a more expensive vac that already comes with the bigger hose, Right now this setup would be $75 and only a 4hp 8 gallon vac. I can find a more powerful better brand vac for that

I measured my Miter saw outlet and it’s ID 1.25″ – OD 1.50″…The Table saw is ID 2.250 – OD 2.50″. *sigh* I knew this wasn’t going to be so easy LOL

The bosch stuff is all metric. 22mm or 35mm Makita is different (not sure what). Some stuff is 1.25″ some stuff is 2.5″ The adapters are all standard. It’s a shit show (for me anyways) to try and figure out what’s what. My kreg’s something different again (just ordered another bosch adapter)

The hose solved 90% of my issues.

“The hose solved 90% of my issues”. Ok that right there makes it worthwhile,

We have a Ridgid also. It is an awesome unit for the money. It is the 4 gallon model. Ridgid has these vacs down. Once again, for the price, you really can’t beat them.

Here is what we have; http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-gal-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-WD4070/202077241

Hey that’s a cute little one and with power like a big one, Especially nice for teaming it up with a Dust Deputy. Thanks for the link

Speaking of Dust Deputy I’ve searched those a bit and have seen some homemade ones, Has anyone ever tried to make their own?

Anonymous

I have had the Ridgid 12 gal 5 hp vac for 10+ years and although only has 3 of the 4 wheels left, it just keeps on going. The wife bought the 4 gal 5hp ridgid for her shop and she loves it.

Oooo and there’s another vote for the 4 gallon Rigid..

BTW, How can a guy by the name of Wheelie be missing a wheel? Too many wheelies with that vac??

Another adapter set that is available at Rockler.

http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-tools/reviews/more/2015-awards/?catref=wd200&page=7

Thanks for the link Kurt, that would seem to solve the issues too

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Ya, the rigid is still a solid performer in my shop. I’ve had this guy for 10+ years, sucking sandblasting media (that’s super harsh on vacs). I thought it was dying when I started my quest for the bosch vac. I bought one of those dust deputy cyclones (on the advice from those here) cleaned it up, lubed it and it’s still going strong for my blast cabinet, miter saw and table saw.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous

Ya, the rigid is still a solid performer in my shop. I’ve had this guy for 10+ years, sucking sandblasting media (that’s super harsh on vacs). I thought it was dying when I started my quest for the bosch vac. I bought one of those dust deputy cyclones (on the advice from those here) cleaned it up, lubed it and it’s still going strong for my blast cabinet, miter saw and table saw.

Man I really like that set-up with the deputy and the manifold……And although I didn’t want to go this big but I just got a line on a 16 gallon 6.5 hp ‘Shop-Vac’ brand stainless steel for really cheap. Cheap enough to easily justify the Bosch hose..It’s getting interesting now LOL, I can’t imagine what the difference between my 1.75 hp & 6.5 hp is going to feel like

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I can’t imagine what the difference between my 1.75 hp & 6.5 hp is going to feel like

Enough to notice that’s for sure. More power as Tim the Toolman Taylor used to say.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I have 2 rigid 9 gallon untils i picked up for 20 maybe 24 on sale. One for the snake room and one for the shop. It doesnt keep up with my table saw but does great on other tools.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Dabbs,

Just to try and help you out on the attachments, here’s what I have from Bosch to go to Non bosch tools when using the Bosch hoses and for going to Non metric tools using the bosch hose AND using the shop vac hose to go to metric and 1.25″ ports. ALL needed in my shop.

Almost all tools that I have from bosch have either a 22mm or 35mm connections.

The exception being the 4100-09 table saw. It has a standard 2.5″ PORT

With all these adapters you have to remember, a PORT end plugs in to something and a HOSE end has something plugged into it.

So with the Bosch VAC020 2-1/2-Inch Hose-to-35mm Port Adapter a 2.5″ hose (reg shop vac hose) plugs into one end and the 35mm port plugs into most most bosch tools. I have this adapter but I don’t like the 35mm end as it’s just a hard plastic friction fit (not like the softer rubber 35mm ends)

VAC003 35mm hose into it —> plugs into a 1.25″ port (kreg jig, Makita slider etc)

VX120 (don’t buy this, it’s just for illustration to show the rubber end with groove) It has the standard bosch 35mm end that’s on the bosch hoses. It plugs into the VAC003 and VAC004. If they would have made the small end on the VAC020 like this it would have been a great adapter.

VAC004 35mm hose into it —> plugs into 2.5″ port (shop vac accessories, bosch table saw)

VAC020 2.5″ hose into it —> to 35mm Port (Bosch tools, kinda, it doesn’t fit everything right, needs the rubber end like above)

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous

Dabbs,

Just to try and help you out on the attachments, here’s what I have from Bosch to go to Non bosch tools when using the Bosch hoses and for going to Non metric tools using the bosch hose AND using the shop vac hose to go to metric and 1.25″ ports. ALL needed in my shop.

Almost all tools that I have from bosch have either a 22mm or 35mm connections.

The exception being the 4100-09 table saw. It has a standard 2.5″ PORT

With all these adapters you have to remember, a PORT end plugs in to something and a HOSE end has something plugged into it.

So with the Bosch VAC020 2-1/2-Inch Hose-to-35mm Port Adapter a 2.5″ hose (reg shop vac hose) plugs into one end and the 35mm port plugs into most most bosch tools. I have this adapter but I don’t like the 35mm end as it’s just a hard plastic friction fit (not like the softer rubber 35mm ends)

VAC003 35mm hose into it —> plugs into a 1.25″ port (kreg jig, Makita slider etc)

VX120 (don’t buy this, it’s just for illustration to show the rubber end with groove) It has the standard bosch 35mm end that’s on the bosch hoses. It plugs into the VAC003 and VAC004. If they would have made the small end on the VAC020 like this it would have been a great adapter.

VAC004 35mm hose into it —> plugs into 2.5″ port (shop vac accessories, bosch table saw)

VAC020 2.5″ hose into it —> to 35mm Port (Bosch tools, kinda, it doesn’t fit everything right, needs the rubber end like above)

Holy crap man, A guy needs a book to keep all this straight. I sure appreciate the splainin and the pic, I’m going to file it for easy reference later. I still haven’t heard back from the great vac deal so we’ll see what happens with that purchase.

Great pic of the different connectors, Brad.

Orange County, CA

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I need some of those connections for sure.

Xedos
    Pro

For completeness of the record , Bosch has e vac024 which is basically the vx120 without the airgate and its added length.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/dust-extraction-attachments-general-vac024-34605-p/

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I don’t own a bosch dust extractor but as far as I know the VX120 plugs and clicks into the end of the hose. the VAC024 comes with most bosch powertools, sanders, jigsaws etc. the vent/air gate on the VX120 can be quite useful when you don’t have an auto model to regular the suction/cfm.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.556 seconds