dcsimg

Stanley Shop Vac

This topic contains 31 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  madman_us 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I came across this cute shiny little 8 gallon vac yesterday, It’s on sale for $39 and since mine is making a roaring noise I’m kinda looking around for one. It’s 4hp 7amp which is a bit more than I’m used to, And it’s shiny chrome Yippee!! Although it has a 2 1/2″ outlet port the hose is reduced with an adapter down to 1 1/4″, My big question is what has to be had to hook up to my Bosch tools? Miter saw, Table saw, Router, Jiggy etc??

It looks like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271680272231?lpid=82&chn=ps

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

nice find. The hose should go directly to the port on the table saw.

For the JS, router, and I assume your miter saw, I HIGHLY recommend getting the bosch hose. I tried to go the adapter route and it was a PITA. LOL It costs as much as the whole vac…

This is the hose I got and it plugged right into my rigid shop vac and it goes on ALL my bosch DC with the exception of the TS.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-VAC005-5-Meter-Vacuum-Hose/dp/B0000AV78B/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421439803&sr=8-1&keywords=bosch+vac+hose

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Oh, and build one of these. Cheap parts from the HD central vac area. All you need special is the gates. I got mine from Lee Valley but rockler has them as well.

Brad T

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

And here is my collection of adapters since BTP keeps kicking my post to spam. Sorry for the jumble on your topic!

Brad T

redwood
    Pro

I came across this cute shiny little 8 gallon vac yesterday, It’s on sale for $39 and since mine is making a roaring noise I’m kinda looking around for one. It’s 4hp 7amp which is a bit more than I’m used to, And it’s shiny chrome Yippee!! Although it has a 2 1/2″ outlet port the hose is reduced with an adapter down to 1 1/4″, My big question is what has to be had to hook up to my Bosch tools? Miter saw, Table saw, Router, Jiggy etc??

Is it Hepa certified and come with a anti static hose? Just kidding. That’s pretty cheap for a shiny vacuum. I hope it’s not a case that you get what you pay for.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Anonymous

nice find. The hose should go directly to the port on the table saw.
    BTP is being goofy with my posts.. I thought I posted this first.

For the JS, router, and I assume your miter saw, I HIGHLY recommend getting the bosch hose. I tried to go the adapter route and it was a PITA. LOL It costs as much as the whole vac…

This is the hose I got and it plugged right into my rigid shop vac and it goes on ALL my bosch DC with the exception of the TS.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-VAC005-5-Meter-Vacuum-Hose/dp/B0000AV78B/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421439803&sr=8-1&keywords=bosch+vac+hose

Oh nice on all the info, I put that hose in my cart. It would be nice to not have to deal with all kinds of adapters and guess work

Is it Hepa certified and come with a anti static hose? Just kidding. That’s pretty cheap for a shiny vacuum. I hope it’s not a case that you get what you pay for.

It probably isn’t the greatest but I would hope it’s at least as good as what I’ve been using for the last 20 years, One thing about it. I’m sure I can return it if sucks or not or does

Like Brad said the 1 1/4″ hose won’t fit the tool ports without some kind of adapter. One thing that is nice is that the 2 1/2″ inlet size seems to be a universal size for all hoses. That makes it easy to use any quality hose from another manufacturer.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

hats a great idea , thabks Brad

For that price it sure seems like a great option. Hopefully it works out well for you Boyd.

Is it Hepa certified and come with a anti static hose?

lol!!

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dabbs, great deal on the shop vac. Looks like a nice unit too. Hope you get it all hooked up into your dust collection system.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

We have one of those Stanely units. It is ok. Shop Vac would be better. It is very loud with a high pitched whine. Very noisy! Not a bad unit though.

For my Makita track saw, I believe the end of the hose slipped inside the vac attachment on the Makita. But other stuff I need adapters.

I am reluctant to buy anything Stanley. Just never was satisfied with their products. Hope it works out for you Dabbs.

Anonymous

We have one of those Stanely units. It is ok. Shop Vac would be better. It is very loud with a high pitched whine. Very noisy! Not a bad unit though.

For my Makita track saw, I believe the end of the hose slipped inside the vac attachment on the Makita. But other stuff I need adapters.

I am reluctant to buy anything Stanley. Just never was satisfied with their products. Hope it works out for you Dabbs.

Dang this doesn’t sound too good, I have been using a little 6 gallon ‘Shop-vac’ brand with an 1 1/4″ hose for 20 years and always felt it had pretty good suck but I’ve never tried to hook it up to a tool. I thought it was only rated at 4amp but I found yesterday it says 1.75hp, Geez that’s a lot lower than 4hp so I’d think this would be a great improvement. However, I don’t want to have to wear ear plugs around it either LOL..And since you mention ‘Shop-Vac’ brand would be better ya got me thinking again

Anonymous

Wellllllll, I’m still a bit confused (imagine that) about the hose thing too and what it will fit so here comes some stupid questions.

Is there a difference (mainly size wise and adapters) between the Bosch hose that Brad posted and any vac that comes with a 2 1/2″ hose? IF not I’m thinking I’d be better off buying a more expensive vac that already comes with the bigger hose, Right now this setup would be $75 and only a 4hp 8 gallon vac. I can find a more powerful better brand vac for that

I measured my Miter saw outlet and it’s ID 1.25″ – OD 1.50″…The Table saw is ID 2.250 – OD 2.50″. *sigh* I knew this wasn’t going to be so easy LOL

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

those stanley shop vacs are sold here at canadian tire.. their cheapy shop vacs, i wouldnt trust it for day in day out use on the jobsite. id spend the extra money and buy a rigid or something higher end for dust extraction

the super cheap shop vac brand models are ok for light duty use, i have one that i use around the house and vaccumming out my truck

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Anonymous

I’ve been looking at the Rigid to see what I can get for the same $75ish investment and I really think I’m going to have to let the Stanley shiny chrome one go, It’s the model #1270. Comes with 2 1/2″ hose and is up to 5hp and 12 gallon, Not sure I really wanted that big though. I’ll have to go see it in person

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Wellllllll, I’m still a bit confused (imagine that) about the hose thing too and what it will fit so here comes some stupid questions.

Is there a difference (mainly size wise and adapters) between the Bosch hose that Brad posted and any vac that comes with a 2 1/2″ hose? IF not I’m thinking I’d be better off buying a more expensive vac that already comes with the bigger hose, Right now this setup would be $75 and only a 4hp 8 gallon vac. I can find a more powerful better brand vac for that

I measured my Miter saw outlet and it’s ID 1.25″ – OD 1.50″…The Table saw is ID 2.250 – OD 2.50″. *sigh* I knew this wasn’t going to be so easy LOL

The bosch stuff is all metric. 22mm or 35mm Makita is different (not sure what). Some stuff is 1.25″ some stuff is 2.5″ The adapters are all standard. It’s a shit show (for me anyways) to try and figure out what’s what. My kreg’s something different again (just ordered another bosch adapter)

The hose solved 90% of my issues.

Brad T

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I’ve been looking at the Rigid to see what I can get for the same $75ish investment and I really think I’m going to have to let the Stanley shiny chrome one go, It’s the model #1270. Comes with 2 1/2″ hose and is up to 5hp and 12 gallon, Not sure I really wanted that big though. I’ll have to go see it in person

We have a Ridgid also. It is an awesome unit for the money. It is the 4 gallon model. Ridgid has these vacs down. Once again, for the price, you really can’t beat them.

Here is what we have; http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-4-gal-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-WD4070/202077241

wheelie
    Pro

I have had the Ridgid 12 gal 5 hp vac for 10+ years and although only has 3 of the 4 wheels left, it just keeps on going. The wife bought the 4 gal 5hp ridgid for her shop and she loves it.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.567 seconds