dcsimg

Stalwart stackable mobile tool chest – not bad design poor execution

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Miamicuse 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

So I have been reading a lot of reviews and threads on various sites recently about interlocking stacking tool boxes since I am looking for one. I found this one pretty interesting and thought I would share it. Don’t buy it as the reviews are not so great consistently LOL. But I thought some features are nice.

So it’s all metal construction and interlocking and stackable with a rolling bottom and telescoping handle.

Problem is (1) Only the top one is removable (2) No top side handle (3) All reviews said the item is “flimsy” and won’t take a beating and (4) the drawers are wobbly and won’t slide in and out easy. So it’s off my list.

But I do like a few features.

(1) The slide out drawers. I know Bosch has the L-Boxx 3D and that’s better since you can completely remove the drawers and take it with you.

(2) The tilt out drawer is interesting. I understand it’s impossible to have all the clasps, side handles, and still be abe to have a tilt out drawer. But it is a neat feature to tilt.

(3) The offset handle is interesting with that extra space. Yes it takes more room.

(4) I also like those bungie cords not on the outside but if there can be custom hooks you attach on the inside wall and be able to have netting and cords to hold some of the stuff against the inside walls of the boxes that would add some versatility.

(5) How about ejectable coffee cup gatorade holders LOL?

This is NOT a review. I didn’t buy the product. It was one of those I eliminated quickly just thought it has a few interesting features.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

also waiting for a vendor to have a tool box cart where the cart itself can “magically” transform into a super tough telescoping extension ladder.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

They do look interesting, but obviously if they made it heavier gauge and beefier slides and drawers they would start to get heavy,
    They have plenty of other manufacturers of those types of toolboxes, plus then they also have those rolling chest ones from husky and Stanley, just a big box with wheels.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

strange why do I make an edit to add a sentence it chops out several paragraphs?

Clev08
    Pro

Milwaukee’s packout system has had great reviews that i’ve seen, and I expect they will announce more box options today. L-box and sustainers have an extensive list of options too, but they are more prone to cracking.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

It is an interesting group of features. Too bad the features got lost in poor manufacturing.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

strange why do I make an edit to add a sentence it chops out several paragraphs?

The software here is not very good.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro

One of the most critical aspects of these is the quality of the plastics used. The same goes for our tools that almost are universally plastic bodies nowadays. While some plastics may look the same from one brand to another, the difference in their quality and durability can be vastly different. It’s one of the reasons I stick with brands like Bosch, Festool, Fein, to name a few versus the ‘cheaper’ brands. I’ll even throw Ridgid in that group as I’ve yet to bust a casing on any of my Ridgid stuff some of which I’ve owned for 15 years.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It has some interesting features that I can see being useful. But if the reviews are bad then they need t improve the quality.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

May be the L-Boxx 3D can have a tilt out deep drawer that has a lock clasp in the closed position would be handy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.994 seconds