dcsimg

Sriracha !

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 175 total)
  • Author

I’m loving this stuff.. its been going on just about everything this week.

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just had a snack that I doused in Sriracha – opened up a tin of sardines in water, drained the water, and dumped in some Sriracha! Good stuff.

Man Chad I used to live off sardines and hot sauce. I was a lot thinner then. Maybe I should go back to that.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

So is that just spicy salt? That wouldn’t be bad, replace regular salt with his. Probably end up using less.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Interesting, I haven’t seen it in dry packaging before.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

How Sriracha is Made, GIF by GIF

how sriracha is made.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

https://imgur.com/a/y5cLl?gallery

how sriracha is made.

Thanks, great little show and a couple of chuckles, too.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

https://imgur.com/a/y5cLl?gallery

how sriracha is made.

Thanks, great little show and a couple of chuckles, too.

ThanX for that.. They don’t do any advertising.

All by word of mouth…LOL

— Glenn Botting

Doobie

Bought some Sriracha, went to go put it in the overflow fridge downstairs and lo and behold, we already had some. I didn’t even know that the one we had was sriracha. Go figure.

The one I had I recall getting from Costco. The one I came home with the other day is the original one. Frankly, I like the Costco one better after my wife and I tried them both in a taste test of sorts.

I had bought the recent one to make some poke for the very first time. Not sure what I may have done wrong, but I didn’t like the poke. I love raw tuna normally, but the overall flavour was not right, and it wasn’t the sriracha. The siracha in it I liked, and in fact I added more to it as I ate it to try to make it taste more palatable. Didn’t really help.

The sushi grade tuna I bought was like $69 a kilo. While I may try this again, at that price, I’m only going to experiment with this so much. Granted, I did get the tuna from what I know is a real expensive store to begin with, but the places where you can buy sushi grade tuna near where I live is very limited. I know of only one other place nearby without going into Toronto. Might try them next time and see what it costs.

Now I did use the sriracha also in a big batch of spaghetti sauce I made over the weekend. Normally I use dried whole chilie peppers, but I figure I’d try the Sriracha this time. Came out fine.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I had bought the recent one to make some poke for the very first time. Not sure what I may have done wrong, but I didn’t like the poke. I love raw tuna normally, but the overall flavour was not right, and it wasn’t the sriracha. The siracha in it I liked, and in fact I added more to it as I ate it to try to make it taste more palatable. Didn’t really help.

I do not like Sriracha on my poke. To make it spicy I like a powered pepper to do that. Over here they mix Sriracha and mayo together to make it spicy. It’s a new school fancy thing, many of us hate it.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Got some Montego Bay presidents choice hot sauce the other day to add some spice to my life.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

To make it spicy I like a powered pepper

What kind?

There’s what I think is a Japanese type of dry spicy pepper you sprinkle from a bottle I had listed on my poke list of things to add that seemed to be common on a lot of poke recipes I found on the internet. Can’t recall what it’s called, and I’m nowhere that ‘list’ I have on a cork board in my mancave. It was one of the ingredients I did not get. Is that maybe what you are referring to?

And what citrus do you use? I used a combo of a bit of fresh lemon and more of fresh orange. The lemon in my estimation may have been part of the stringent flavour it took on.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

to flavour any of my home cooked stuff or even restaurant bought, i usually bring with me a small vial or tube of @58chev‘s personally made hot pepper flakes. alittle of that will bring you to taste heaven.

Doobie

to flavour any of my home cooked stuff or even restaurant bought, i usually bring with me a small vial or tube of @58chev‘s personally made hot pepper flakes. alittle of that will bring you to taste heaven.

That sounds yummy. But have you tried it in a poke recipe?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That sounds yummy. But have you tried it in a poke recipe?

Hmm I have had poke once and I believed I only used regular chillies as at the time I had ran out of franks hot peppers. I use alot of his stuff in my beef jerky.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I do not like Sriracha on my poke. To make it spicy I like a powered pepper to do that. Over here they mix Sriracha and mayo together to make it spicy. It’s a new school fancy thing, many of us hate it.

Dirty,
    What peppers do you use for the “Dry Flake”?

Sriracha and Mayo, nothing new, around here you find that in any Sushi House. Spicy Mayo squeezed over over top spicy California Rolls.

— Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dirty,
    What peppers do you use for the “Dry Flake”?

Sriracha and Mayo, nothing new, around here you find that in any Sushi House. Spicy Mayo squeezed over over top spicy California Rolls.

It’s really not flakes but power. I don’t know what they use. I never make poke because it’s sold every where here, even in costco. I have a place here in my hood that has a good 10 – 12 kinds of poke. You could use what ever you like.

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Sriracha sure does go well with fried lobster tacos and a Florida Lager (or two)!

Doobie

To make it spicy I like a powered pepper

What kind?

There’s what I think is a Japanese type of dry spicy pepper you sprinkle from a bottle I had listed on my poke list of things to add that seemed to be common on a lot of poke recipes I found on the internet. Can’t recall what it’s called, and I’m nowhere that ‘list’ I have on a cork board in my mancave. It was one of the ingredients I did not get. Is that maybe what you are referring to?

It was Togarashi powder.

http://www.amazon.ca/Nanami-Togarashi-Assorted-Chili-Pepper/dp/B0002YGSA0

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Sriracha sure does go well with fried lobster tacos and a Florida Lager (or two)!

Man that looks tasty! I wish I were there.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I had Sriracha on my Little Ceasar’s Deep Dish Pizza last night – man I love that stuff on pizza.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 175 total)
  • The topic ‘Sriracha !’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.571 seconds