dcsimg

Sriracha !

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

Thanks, I may try to make a cardboard dehydrator and try it on peppers. You are starting way earlier than I do, I don’t have a south facing window so don’t have enough sunlight. Might need to build a growing light for the purpose.

@jzmtl,
    I don’t have a south facing window in my grow area. LOL

I have to grow in an enclosed area so my cats don’t get into the plants.

And as for drying the peppers, if you have an attic crawl space, that area usually gets good and hot in the summer. Slice up the peppers and place on foil or screen.

Do you find you get bugs with this setup?

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Shouldn’t get any unless your soil is contaminated, and those bugs aren’t the plant eating type.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

No bugs in the grow op. As Jie said, if the soil has them then you’ll get them. One thing to remember is never bring outside soil in. only sealed bags but even then you can get bugs. I have been lucky so far.

I had pepper plants on my widow sill in my office and they were going great for 3+ years until someone else brought in an infected plant with “White Flies”. I had to toss my plants as the work to rid the bugs was not worth it.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

No bugs in the grow op. As Jie said, if the soil has them then you’ll get them. One thing to remember is never bring outside soil in. only sealed bags but even then you can get bugs. I have been lucky so far.

I had pepper plants on my widow sill in my office and they were going great for 3+ years until someone else brought in an infected plant with “White Flies”. I had to toss my plants as the work to rid the bugs was not worth it.

i thought to get rid of white flies you used soapy water spray on the leaves?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

i thought to get rid of white flies you used soapy water spray on the leaves?

Not good enough. You also need to add some cooking oil to the spray. Even then if others an the general area don’t treat their plants, there is just no sense.

If only one plant there is a chemical pack that can be purchased, put the plant in a garbage bag and the chemical patch. Tie the bag up for a couple of days. ( don’t keep it in any living space) The chemical pack is mighty dangerous to humans.

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@58chev today is national hot and spicy food day, how will you celebrate ?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

As I do most other days… LOL

By pouring the hot sauce on most everything I eat. 😮

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

As I do most other days… LOL

By pouring the hot sauce on most everything I eat. 😮

well i am trying to get back in shape and probably will stop eating alot of hot sauce with loads of sugar and stuff in it, might go to just pure pepper flakes.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

i dont like hot sauce with sugar either, its best as it is, maybe some salt.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh yea, salt and Vinagre for me too.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol im trying to lower the salt intake as well so that wouldn’t work for me either. Trying to be overall super healthy.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

lol im trying to lower the salt intake as well so that wouldn’t work for me either. Trying to be overall super healthy.

Well I use the healthy Hawaiian sea salt yakonw!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol i am using the himalayan pink salt right now, but salt is salt. lol still trying to lower the amount i ingest. Need to keep the body going.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

lol i am using the himalayan pink salt right now, but salt is salt. lol still trying to lower the amount i ingest. Need to keep the body going.

So instead of fish poop, what does pink salt have? 😀

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’ve heard that if you can contain your plants that releasing 50 ladybugs could defeat the mites 😀

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’ve heard that if you can contain your plants that releasing 50 ladybugs could defeat the mites 😀

@utopia78
    Mites are a different disaster all together. And yea, ladybugs are a great way to keep your plants healthy and bug free (of certain bugs)

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@utopia78,
    Mites are a different disaster all together. And yea, ladybugs are a great way to keep your plants healthy and bug free (of certain bugs)

lol oh man could you imagine afterwards with 50 extra lady bugs flying around. Don’t they bite as well?

So instead of fish poop, what does pink salt have? 😀

lol healthy mountain air, lol i don’t know.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

lol oh man could you imagine afterwards with 50 extra lady bugs flying around. Don’t they bite as well?

I’ve heard that they bite, but I constantly catch them inside and release them outside (in summer, not now lol) and have never been bitten.

Mites are super easy to deal with if you notice them, the flying buggers are pain in the butt though.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Only the invasive Asian ladybugs bite. Apparently the way to tell is by the number of spots on them.

— Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Only the invasive Asian ladybugs bite. Apparently the way to tell is by the number of spots on them.

How about the eyes????

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 175 total)
  • The topic ‘Sriracha !’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.409 seconds