dcsimg

Sriracha !

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I wish these hot sauces would skip on some vinegar, pretty much all of them are more sour than hot.

I’m like you @jzmtl, I do not like the sauces that use too much vinegar in them. I like the taste of the peppers over vinegar.

i haven’t had the time to make any, i should really make a batch soon. I am in need of some decent beef jerky.

I’ll get some dry ready for you. Just remember to use it sparingly. 😉 It will be hotter than the Scorpion powder I gave you last year. 😮

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

@58Chev How do you dry the peppers? I tried to preserve habanero I grew once but didn’t have much luck long term. Might try it again but dry it instead of grinding.

Our summer is too short for growing pepper though, every time I plant one it dies with tons of immature peppers on it. If it was in Texas the yield would double at least.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

I like Sriracha and most other pepper sauces – in small quantities.

Here in South Texas I’ve seen folks that may as well be eating cardboard. With the amount of whatever pepper they have, they certainly cannot taste the food it’s on.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I tend to like the chili oil much better than the Sriracha when I go for dim sum.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I tend to like the chili oil much better than the Sriracha when I go for dim sum.

the best is the chili oil you can get at that noodle joint at kennedy and steeles. omg it is perfect. i’ll see if i can get a jar when you next come by.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

58Chev How do you dry the peppers? I tried to preserve habanero I grew once but didn’t have much luck long term. Might try it again but dry it instead of grinding.

Our summer is too short for growing pepper though, every time I plant one it dies with tons of immature peppers on it. If it was in Texas the yield would double at least.

@jzmtl
    I have a dehydrator that I use for my peppers.

My growing season starts in February 😉 I start to germinate my seeds and then weed out the ones that I think wont make it to planting time, end of May. By that time they are about a foot tall and much healthier than store bought plants.
    I haven’t decided what type I want to grow this year.

— Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

@jzmtl,

My growing season starts in February 😉 I start to germinate my seeds and then weed out the ones that I think wont make it to planting time, end of May. By that time they are about a foot tall and much healthier than store bought plants.

Thanks, I may try to make a cardboard dehydrator and try it on peppers. You are starting way earlier than I do, I don’t have a south facing window so don’t have enough sunlight. Might need to build a growing light for the purpose.

@jzmtl,

Thanks, I may try to make a cardboard dehydrator and try it on peppers. You are starting way earlier than I do, I don’t have a south facing window so don’t have enough sunlight. Might need to build a growing light for the purpose.

We have a wood burning kitchen stove, so small sticks, 2×4’s whatever, creates enough heat to dry them on foul or sheets on the oven racks.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

@jzmtl,

We have a wood burning kitchen stove, so small sticks, 2×4’s whatever, creates enough heat to dry them on foul or sheets on the oven racks.

No wood stove unfortunately. I’ve seen a style where you just use a cardboard box with hole cut on top and bottom, with a light bulb on the bottom to provide heat and air flow via convection. It’s originally for drying jerky, but I’m going to see if it can be adapted for drying other foodstuff.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Over here they just build a screen box and put it in the sun to dry the fish. Why wouldn’t that work??

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Over here they just build a screen box and put it in the sun to dry the fish. Why wouldn’t that work??

not everywhere gets the same amount of sun as Hawaii lol. Although that will work if you have high amounts of dry wind. According to alton brown that is the best way. I my self have an Excalibur dehydrator bought before our dollar went up.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@jzmtl
    I don’t have a south facing window in my grow area. LOL

I have to grow in an enclosed area so my cats don’t get into the plants.

And as for drying the peppers, if you have an attic crawl space, that area usually gets good and hot in the summer. Slice up the peppers and place on foil or screen.

— Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

That’s a pretty neat setup, I’m thinking about something similar but open next to the window, so I can grow herbs in winter as well.

Attic wouldn’t work though, it’s accessed via a tiny trapdoor in the closet and exposed insulation inside.

Tat’s a great setup. I need something similar to keep my cats away.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I finally bought a Sriracha and boy that stuff got my full attention. I use it on everything, from soup to cheese.
    Hmm, should I try it in the morning with some milk and cereals? 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man we have a lot of cat fans here….

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have to do my starts up high so the snails and slugs don’t eat them.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@jzmtl,
    I don’t have a south facing window in my grow area. LOL

And as for drying the peppers, if you have an attic crawl space, that area usually gets good and hot in the summer. Slice up the peppers and place on foil or screen.

interesting, when did you do this? i haven’t been to your place in a while I guess. that looks pretty cool. is that an actual grow lamp, or a regular lamp. My cats killed my plants, i guess i’ll have to do the same as you and grow them on the cat exclusion area.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

interesting, when did you do this? i haven’t been to your place in a while I guess. that looks pretty cool. is that an actual grow lamp, or a regular lamp. My cats killed my plants, i guess i’ll have to do the same as you and grow them on the cat exclusion area.

@r-ice

Not a grow lamp, just a couple of 6500K T8’s and a few strips of LED’s.

made this last year but I guess you haven’t been in the workroom / furnace room in a while. LOL

— Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That looks like a great setup to start your herbs.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 175 total)
  • The topic ‘Sriracha !’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.687 seconds