dcsimg

square shop vacs

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 119 total)
  • Author

Yes, Starmix is a good manufacturer of vacs…they all perform admirably and a heck of a lot better than the standard shop vacuum by other manufacturers.

Orange County, CA

So from what I understand, it seems Starmix provides the vacs for a lot of different companies… It just gets confusing to me in my mind regarding whether the ‘bosch’ vac really outperforms the ‘festool’ – since it is coming from the same manufacturer if I understand correctly…? I guess they are different models…?

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Does anyone use a vacuum muffler to make it more quiet? Even though I want a quieter vac I am nervous to loose the suction.

I use a muffler exactly like that for my ridgid…. I find it helps some with the noise, but it hasn’t effected suction too much… But I need to test it somehow without it to see how much I am losing suction-wise… Most of the life of the vac I have used the muffler.

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

It appears to be just a filter, I would assume you would lose a bit of suck just because it’s another block of air flow. However minor it may be.

What I always thought funny and I do it too is have you ever noticed how fast people use vacuums? Even in the home/shop. I don’t know if it’s the noise or if they are trying to hurry like we did years ago at the car wash before the quarter runs out LOL.

hahaha that is strangely true… or maybe everybody vacuuming just wants to be done with their day and be done with clean up! But it is weird… and sometimes I think if I run the hose back and forth faster it will pick up dust/dirt faster too 😛

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I use a muffler exactly like that for my ridgid…. I find it helps some with the noise, but it hasn’t effected suction too much… But I need to test it somehow without it to see how much I am losing suction-wise… Most of the life of the vac I have used the muffler.

Perfect, I have the Ridgid vacuum and I am basically going to be converting it to work with 1 1/2″ hose for tool applications but I thought it would be nice to quiet it down a bit more. I will go ahead and get the muffler, that vac has plenty of power to spare.

Funny point guys, I find myself using a vacuum at a feverish pace. I don’t know what it is?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I still think it’s our minds programmed to get it done before the quarter runs out LOL. I see it at the carwashes that have free vacuums to, and they’re not that loud LOL

On a side note:
    Do not vacuum near a stereo or probably any electronic equipment, A vacuum creates static electricity and I ruined a car stereo once sucking out the ashtray that was right below it.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I still think it’s our minds programmed to get it done before the quarter runs out LOL. I see it at the carwashes that have free vacuums to, and they’re not that loud LOL

On a side note:<br>
    Do not vacuum near a stereo or probably any electronic equipment, A vacuum creates static electricity and I ruined a car stereo once sucking out the ashtray that was right below it.

Boyd, I had never heard of that before but it make sense. I wonder if you use a Shopvac with an anti-static hose it that makes a difference?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anti-static hose? I don’t know, I guess I’ve heard of that but know nothing about them.

woodman_412

I’ve seen the Bosch anti-static hose on amazon and I’ve thought about getting one. I find in the winter especially I get quite a bit of static building up in my shop vac hose. Has anyone tried the Bosch hose?

Dan

danpattison.com

Bosch makes several anti-static hoses (various lengths) and they are definitely more affordable than festool’s, etc…

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-3-Meter-Anti-Static-Hose-19mm/dp/B0000AV79W

Jason – I got this hose as a free bonus to my ridgid vac when I bought it. It works a little better than the hose that came with it, but it is not anti-static :\
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Universal-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-Hose-VT2570/100375877

John S

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I use a Bosch anti static hose for my festool Midi. It was way cheaper and just as good. I too reuse the bags on the midi.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Jason – I got this hose as a free bonus to my ridgid vac when I bought it. It works a little better than the hose that came with it, but it is not anti-static :\

I have had my eye on that hose for a while now. For the work I am doing right now I don’t need anti-static. If it becomes an issue I could always ground my tool to the dust deputy or the manifold and be A-OK. I might be singing a different tune once I get zapped though.

I have had my eye on that hose for a while now. For the work I am doing right now I don’t need anti-static. If it becomes an issue I could always ground my tool to the dust deputy or the manifold and be A-OK. I might be singing a different tune once I get zapped though.

That is exactly how I am feeling. So far, so good on not being zapped… but it wouldn’t take much to convince me it was worth the money if/when I do! 🙂 haha

Have you guys ever watched the Starmix vacuum videos on youtube? That is the company that makes these higher end vacs (bosch, festool) – check it out… they can handle anything it seems 😛 Kinda like those blender videos…

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I use a Bosch anti static hose for my festool Midi. It was way cheaper and just as good. I too reuse the bags on the midi.

CaliDecks. Is the material and quality of Bosch vacuum hose same as Festool vacuum hose?

CaliDecks. Is the material and quality of Bosch vacuum hose same as Festool vacuum hose?

I don’t know if I have ever seen a literal side by side review of the two, but I am hard pressed to see much of a functional difference between the two. The only thing might be whether one was a tighter fit in attaching to the vac/accessories than the other – which sometimes is a good thing and sometimes an unhelpful thing. But CaliDecks can speak for himself.

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I don’t know if I have ever seen a literal side by side review of the two, but I am hard pressed to see much of a functional difference between the two. The only thing might be whether one was a tighter fit in attaching to the vac/accessories than the other – which sometimes is a good thing and sometimes an unhelpful thing. But CaliDecks can speak for himself.

John. Thanks you for your reply. Which one is tighter fit ? Is it Bosch ?

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I have that non-antistatic Bosch hose and I can say that I’ve been very happy with it. it’s quite durable, I’ve been using it a lot more in the last week and will probably pick up another one too in order to give myself a little more range. The price was also extremely reasonable – I may go for the anti-static on the next one.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

The bosch hose fits perfect on my Midi

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.428 seconds