dcsimg

square shop vacs

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 119 total)
  • Author

Hong – I doubt it.

And you are probably right Scot – I am not sure how those various filter systems would handle the heavier construction debris. I would hope that it could handle smaller wood chunks, but I also haven’t yet pulled the trigger on any such system.

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Brian. I think you may need to check out the Hilti Vacuum . I remember that they don’t have the bag and suitable to handle those heavier construction debris.

The Bosch Airsweep is also geared to this type of use. I would also look at Fein.

Orange County, CA

I have always thought Fein filters were notorious for being outrageously expensive?

But I know they are solid vacs and dead quiet too

John S

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I have been working with a lot of gravel lately. It would be counter productive to use the Midi for cleaning up in that situation. I just wish I could do a cleaner job of clean up on these larger material clean up.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Scot, what type of vac you have?

redwood
    Pro

I have been working with a lot of gravel lately. It would be counter productive to use the Midi for cleaning up in that situation. I just wish I could do a cleaner job of clean up on these larger material clean up.

Well we had to cut and demo a concrete footing this week, to place some column bases. We used my Festool Midi to vacuum the bottom of the hole, because I didn’t have anything else handy. It worked fine. I replaced my HEPA filter with a cheaper non HEPA filter.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I have always thought Fein filters were notorious for being outrageously expensive?

But I know they are solid vacs and dead quiet too

I think all HEPA filters are expensive, regardless of brand.

Orange County, CA

Scot, what type of vac you have?

I have a Festool CT22 and a Festool CT26. Both work great for woodworking and construction cleanup.

Orange County, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Which size among these two is good for Home DIY ?

They do not make the CT22 any longer — it was replaced by the CT26. If you ever want to add a boom arm or other accessories such as the work center, then you need to buy a CT26 or larger. I think that the 26 is a good size of portability and versatility. Many users also get the 36, but it is more and the bags are more. If you combine the vac with a tool purchase then you can save 10% off the price of the vacuum. Pricing is similar to the Airsweep by Bosch so I would check them out too if I were in the market. CFM on the Festool is a little more; anti-static hoses by Bosch are less. Hope this helps.

Orange County, CA

I would echo that I would probably grab the 26 for myself if I were to drink the kool aid…

John S

redwood
    Pro

I think that a lot of contractors that have to take a vac to the job site, pick the CT Midi. Same specs, but smaller and a little more portable. For a shop enviroment, a bigger vac might be in order.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

I think that a lot of contractors that have to take a vac to the job site, pick the CT Midi. Same specs, but smaller and a little more portable. For a shop enviroment, a bigger vac might be in order.

I couldn’t agree more. If I had to transport to a jobsite daily, a Midi or Mini would be the preferred dust extractor. And, you are right — all of them have the exact same specs — just different sizes for debris. I thought that the 26 was the best trade-off for portability and size.

Orange County, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

They do not make the CT22 any longer — it was replaced by the CT26. If you ever want to add a boom arm or other accessories such as the work center, then you need to buy a CT26 or larger. I think that the 26 is a good size of portability and versatility. Many users also get the 36, but it is more and the bags are more. If you combine the vac with a tool purchase then you can save 10% off the price of the vacuum. Pricing is similar to the Airsweep by Bosch so I would check them out too if I were in the market. CFM on the Festool is a little more; anti-static hoses by Bosch are less. Hope this helps.

Thanks You. That helps me a lots

Another article I stumbled upon today – made me think of this topic. Too bad they didn’t include festool…

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/corded/specialty/dust-extractors-shootout/8021

John S

redwood
    Pro

Very surprising they didn’t include Festool. They also all look so much like shopvacs, unlike the Festool. It would have been nice to include Bosch’s model, as well.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

That Is Odd. I Think The Biggest Factors To Consider Are Cfm And anti-Static And Bosch And Festool Win In Those Categories.

Orange County, CA

That Is Odd. I Think The Biggest Factors To Consider Are Cfm And anti-Static And Bosch And Festool Win In Those Categories In My Opinion. Cfm Goes To Festool With 137.

Orange County, CA

Perhaps it was due to their prices?

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.354 seconds