dcsimg

square shop vacs

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • Author

That’s a great question Dan. My ridgid does the same thing, and whenever it is near my leg, I am not super pleased to feel all that heat directly on me. Fortunately, my shop vac is not TOO loud, but I hear the festool is quite quiet….

John S

redwood
    Pro

I know that the Festool vacs will shut down if the overheat. That hasn’t happened to me yet, but it is a supposed feature. I’ve not noticed it ever getting hot.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I have not used mine enough to tell if there is excess heat or not, but it is very easy to transport it and it cleans exceptionally well.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Mine will shut down on high temp if the filters are clogged

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

i really like the cup of joe it brews me in the morning

??? Brian?? haha are you just being ridiculous? I mean, festool prices SHOULD include some sort of awesome coffee maker incorporated into their tools 🙂

John S

woodman_412

The addition of the Dust Deputy has made me much happier with my plain jane shop vac since the efficiency and ease of cleaning is much better now. Maybe someday when the vac packs in I’ll take a look at getting one of the Festool vacs. A new dust collector for my shop is much higher priority right now than a new vac since the efficiency of it isn’t that great.

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

John S wrote:So Dirty did you end up getting the Midi? Are those your sanders in the pic? What sanders do you have?

No that one is over 10 year old and I need to update.
    Sanders are a DTS400 and ROTEX150

Dirty – have you compared your rotex to any other high end sanders? mirka or bosch or …?? Which of your two sanders do you prefer?

John S

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I have to say that the more I use the Festool vac the more I like it. It is so much better then turning on the old shop vacs and seeing that puff of dust come out. If I could only find a easier way to store bigger stuff in the vac

I have to say that the more I use the Festool vac the more I like it. It is so much better then turning on the old shop vacs and seeing that puff of dust come out. If I could only find a easier way to store bigger stuff in the vac

They make good vacs for sure. What do you mean finding a way to store bigger stuff in the vac?

Orange County, CA

Do L-Boxxes fit on top of Bosch Airsweep vacs? I really like how Systainers stack on Festool vacs — helps with storage. Curious about the Bosch vacs.

Orange County, CA

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

They make good vacs for sure. What do you mean finding a way to store bigger stuff in the vac?

I would love if you could store larger debris like small wood chunks, gravel ect, without having to fill up the bag. The bags are expensive and I have to watch what I use the festool vac for.

Thanks, John. Bosch should bring them over here.

Brian, Festool makes a long life filter bag that is pretty durable that you can empty and reuse for something like 500 times. They have it for all their larger vacs from the 26 up to the 48. I have one in my older 22 and it has served me well with no issues.

Orange County, CA

redwood
    Pro

If I’m not mistaken, you can use the Festool vac’s without a bag. Obviously, it will be a little harder to keep clean and the filter will need replacement more often.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Yes..you can, but it destroys the HEPA filters, which is costly to replace.

Orange County, CA

It would slow portability down, but don’t products like the dust deputy catch the big stuff so your shop vac only has to filter the super small stuff?

John S

I think that Brian is talking about heavier construction debris. Not sure is a Dust Deputy would work with that — I do not have a Dust Deputy so cannot say for sure. Theoretically it would work I would guess.

Orange County, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

IS there any 3rd party HEPA Filter for Festool Vac ?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.376 seconds