dcsimg

¿Specialty Saws?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It dose look interesting, not know if I need one tho,,,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Most of my “speciality” saws are armstrong powered. I got the 3 Veritas moulded spine saw set this summer. Dovetail, Tenon, and Carcass saws.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Yeah I seen that saw from a reviewer on Instagram few months back . Guy is a framer likes how he can build walls and came back later and cut all the sill plates out flush in one pass at door opening .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yeah I seen that saw from a reviewer on Instagram few months back . Guy is a framer likes how he can build walls and came back later and cut all the sill plates out flush in one pass at door opening .

You don’t need that saw to do that!! Most framers I know cut the doors out while the wall is on the ground and then finish the ½” after with the sawsall.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

You don’t need that saw to do that!! Most framers I know cut the doors out while the wall is on the ground and then finish the ½” after with the sawsall.

That’s the way I was shown to do it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That’s the way I was shown to do it.

we do that also when framing walls on concrete, on a wood deck, we set the saw to 1 1/2″ deep and cut them with the 1 1/2″ wide side of the saw prior to installing trimmers.

I will be at the International Builders show next week and will see the Cuz-D guys. I saw a demo of the saws last year there. Nice features, but a little pricey in my opinion.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I seen the 7in1 saw last time on tv and found it very interesting tho

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I thought that was the way it was always done? At least all of the walls I have built have been done like that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I thought that was the way it was always done? At least all of the walls I have built have been done like that.

When you doing production framing i can see that being slow ( sawzall ) over using the flush cut saw .

Always willing to learn .

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The more I see this saw in videos the more I think I like it. Still not sure I need one, but I can definitely see the benefits to having one. The price is really not all that bad at $575 on the big A. Not crazy about replacement blades cost at $50 each though.

Ron

The more I see this saw in videos the more I think I like it. Still not sure I need one, but I can definitely see the benefits to having one. The price is really not all that bad at $575 on the big A. Not crazy about replacement blades cost at $50 each though.

Yeah, it’s pretty neat saw, I know a couple of times I could have used it in renovating older homes, had to do exactly what he mentioned, ripping up the old sub floor,

Maybe those home building companies that builds prefab homes in a factory would benefit more from this saw, kinda like a production line.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

When you doing production framing i can see that being slow ( sawzall ) over using the flush cut saw .

I don’t see why I would have a flush cut saw out while framing a house?? It would not as he said replace all those saw. It is very heave and bulky to do the mass of cutting that needs done.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I am sure that they will have a promo at the builders show next week for like a hundred bucks off or so. If someone were going to order in the next week, say you saw it at IBS and you would probably get whatever discount they are offering.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thanks for the heads up Kurt.. Altho I’d like to have the saw just not enough appeal there for me to jump on it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Some members are talking about this saw in this thread here:
    https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/specialty-saws/page/4/

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Here is the not so old topic about this saw

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/specialty-saws/page/4/

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nice you were able to see one in person. Thanks for the pics. We had been talking a little about it here. https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/specialty-saws/page/5/#post-601736

LOL guess we all thinking the same thing.

Ron

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Here’s a video explaining a lot more about it too:

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@RonW, @Sorpa, @madman_us haha! I had no idea, that’s awesome – I was really impressed with it. Glad you all know about it already!

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I just saw it at my local hardware store and got all excited and made a new thread about it, sorry I didn’t see this one first! But they had it there on promo for $499.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.285 seconds