dcsimg

Spam posts

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Hello all.

I’ve noticed a few spam posts on the site recently. If anyone sees any obvious spam, please just email me the link and I’ll remove the post and delete the user, if needed. I’d ask that you don’t respond to the post because when the spam post is deleted your response will just look funky 🙂

Thanks a bunch for your help in fighting spam. And as Matt R said, “you know you’ve made it when the spammers hit you” – so good job everyone!

Aaron

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks a bunch for your help in fighting spam. And as Matt R said, “you know you’ve made it when the spammers hit you” – so good job everyone!

That’s funny right there. I’m sure spammers won’t get far here.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have seen some good sites just plum get over-run with the spammers.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks for the heads up Aaron – I haven’t seen very much spam around here at all, which means that whatever is slowing them down from joining and spamming has been quite nice! Spam free is the way to be (unless you are talking about the “meat” – but that is a whole ‘nother ball game)

John S

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Thanks Aaron. Will keep my eyes out and let you know.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

The robots are pretty easy to pick out, especially look for the ones that put links in their posts, it’s usually robots that go around trying to build up links for their own websites to help improve their Google search rankings. When you see it you’ll know, hasn’t been a big problem on here though like a lot of other forums – the BTP team has done a good job on the technology side.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I’ve wondered why there isn’t more. Actually I’ve never seen any. I always thought you had good mods keeping it clean.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did you get rid of my buddy larry?? I’d be a spam sniffin dog!! If there is spam I’ll find it and…….

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Glad to hear you’re keeping an eagle eye out for those spammers. I haven’t seen any and hope I never will here. This is such a nice site. Glad to see the spam sniffin dogs are on duty 🙂

Pat

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i will keep an eye out, ive hardly noticed anything though in the duration of the site

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Dirty loves Spam.

Resident Sign Guy

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Good to know that BTP has made it on the list of the spammers. I will keep my eyes out.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I saw a spammy post about 6 months ago .It isn,t hard to tell when they pop up 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had one on the comments under my ‘Trailer Cabinets’ article a while back, It included what he said was an email for me to reply to for a question he had asked. I clicked the link and it took me to his website trying to sell stuff. I reported it to Aaron at the time and I see now it’s gone..Thanks Aaron

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No spam lately.

Attachments:
    hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I saw a post the other day that could’ve gone either way. It was suspiciously hugely in favor of a specific item that almost looked to good to be true. I wavered a moment, wondering whether to report it, but decided I didn’t want to be a nuisance! I figured if someone else spotted it and felt the same way, it’d get taken care of. I can’t remember now what it was about….

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Got a link?

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Speaking of spam, the other day my AOL contacts were hacked and all of my contacts were sent some spam. I’m writing this to let everyone know not to open emails from me that were sent the other day.

I took care of the problem permanently by transferring all of my contacts to my other email account, which I don’t use for emails. And I wiped out all contacts on my AOL account so nobody can be spammed ever again.

To BTP, Bosch and Moze, I apologize if you got one of these spam emails.

Pat

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

This site has always seemed pretty clean to me. Job well done.

This site has always seemed pretty clean to me. Job well done.

Agreed – and for that I am super thankful!

I saw a post the other day that could’ve gone either way.

@hdpro
    – if you see something like this, give one of us moderators a PM and/or just PM the man himself (aaron) – bethepro = his username

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.445 seconds