dcsimg

Some of the accomidations and rides to job sites

• This topic has 23 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    staker
    Pro

When I work in mining exploration we sometimes are not close to home so we stay in different accomidations, and diferent mods of transportation. Sometimes we rent apartments, trailers, stay in tents. Transportation truck, 4 wheeler, skidoo, boat, airplane, helicopter. This one job droped off by plane, and picked up a week later by helicopter.

The things people do to find gold .

Always willing to learn .

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That certainly makes for an interesting week at work 🙂

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I would love that. Very cool.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I hope you are staying warm enough.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ahh yes the Yukon stove I know it well. Just a tip from a guy who has been there and done that after you pitch your tent, shovel out the snow and place pine branches on the ground for insulation. The tent will be much warmer and drier.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

That’s awesome @staker !

I used to have a job that brought me in by plane too.. Comercial that is lol. I would sometimes have to stay at a holiday inn express instead of the marriot 😉

--Steve

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Pretty cool. I’ve spent some time in tents with Yukon stoves on several different hunting trips – they can be surprisingly cozy. How often do you go out on mining exploration trips like that?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

staker
    Pro

Use to go out like that about 5 times a year, not so much anymore as no one is investing in mining.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Some pretty cool views – I’d trade that for rush hour traffic in the morning.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Awesome I need to find a job like this.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

sounds like an interesting job. To bad the Mining has slowed down. I have to believe it takes a ton of cash to get a mine started. I know in Minnesota they want to start some mining up north again and they have been going through environmental impact statements for at least 5 years without moving a spec of dirt other than possibly drilling a couple of test holes.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I spent a few years working on a cottage on an island and we had to boat to work everyday , The good thing there wasn’t a lot of traffic 🙂

staker
    Pro

That a big cottage. Here to start a mine you need to have a closer plan and the money to tear down and rejuvinate the land. The money needs to be put in trust to do that. And we have to ask the natives as well, and the enviromental hoops to go through.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I would love to take a Heli to my job site, well I guess for the start. Dangerous entry no matter what you say. Hell of a ride though

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wowwy, I hope it paid well. Although the rides and camping part looks like fun but man, I don’t know if I could do it. Great topic

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think it would be a great experience. I don’t know if I could do it full time, but for a couple of weeks I think it would awesome.

Just realized how boring my life is.

monman1
    Pro

Sounds like a fun job, but it would get boring fast for me.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

Really interesting job you have, it must be quite the experience doing stuff like that and going to all sorts of remote areas where nobody else really goes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.437 seconds