dcsimg

Some barn doors for your pleasure .

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

So the 8/4 poplar was less than $60 for the door!! Here is the hardware. Nice stuff. Very well built and machined. Not sure if it is worth $900 but it isn’t cheap materials. Made in Germany.

I don’t know why I thought the door was going to be solid wood…$60 for the poplar in the pictures looks like a pretty good deal! Is that around 20 board feet or so?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

yeah @jponto07 there wasn’t a lot of wood..just beefy. There is something satisfying about working with 8/4 material.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

yeah jponto07 there wasn’t a lot of wood..just beefy. There is something satisfying about working with 8/4 material.

Definitely. I love working with big slabs of lumber! I recently came across a local mill that can get me pretty much whatever I want, so hopefully I can keep work that calls for thicker stuff.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is the door installed less the glass.

Door looks fantastic Andrew. The hardware adds a nice touch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yeah jponto07 there wasn’t a lot of wood..just beefy. There is something satisfying about working with 8/4 material.

Definitely. I love working with big slabs of lumber! I recently came across a local mill that can get me pretty much whatever I want, so hopefully I can keep work that calls for thicker stuff.

i can’t wait to get to work with more giant slabs of lumber as well, hopefully once the mill portion is in stock, i’ll be able to visit @utopia78 with my chainsaw mill.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Here is the door installed less the glass. This hardware was awesome! Very smooth…probably the smoothest I have installed. Beefy and solid. Well thought out parts.

Nice work on the door OA. That hardware looks really nice.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here is the door installed less the glass. This hardware was awesome! Very smooth…probably the smoothest I have installed. Beefy and solid. Well thought out parts.

Man that came out super clean!!! Very nicely done.

JerrySats
    Pro
    Garnet Valley, PENNSYLVANIA

Nice work on the door OA. That hardware looks really nice.

Looks sharp with that hardware , nice job on the door and install .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks sharp with that hardware , nice job on the door and install .

Gives it a nice clean look.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks guys! This was a cool build making the door also. The exit light had to be changed so the hardware would clear and the door has a slight twist in it. It wasn’t there when I had it at the shop so I am hoping once it acclimates it will go back. Not bad but I notice it.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

here is the barn door hardware I used earlier this year. Way more than I needed for the job but a fraction of the cost of household product.

Where did you get the hardware at? @smallerstick

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There is something satisfying about working with 8/4 material.

Man that must be near 2″ thick

@overanalyze Andrew those came out gorgeous sir!

woodman_412

That door came out really nice Andrew! Great work!

Dan

danpattison.com

JerrySats
    Pro
    Garnet Valley, PENNSYLVANIA

I finally had time to hang the doors I did. It’s been busy and messing with making these antique mirrors was a PIA.

As for the hardware from the link I posted. If anyone buys it spend the money and get it powder coated because paint won’t hold up to daily use. I’m talking about where the wheels meet the top of track .I don’t even know if the powder coating will hold up do to the design of wheel and how it mates with the track.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I finally had time to hang the doors I did.

Jerry they turned out really nice. Very nice work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I finally had time to hang the doors I did. It’s been busy and messing with making these antique mirrors was a PIA.

Doors came out nice. I take it they wont use them much with the table and chairs in front of them?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The doors look great, Jerry.

Barn door hardware must be making a comeback, I noticed in the flyer of one of the big box store they had them in there last week

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

redwood
    Pro

Doors came out nice. I take it they wont use them much with the table and chairs in front of them?

They do look good, but where are the handles.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

As for the hardware from the link I posted. If anyone buys it spend the money and get it powder coated because paint won’t hold up to daily use. I’m talking about where the wheels meet the top of track .I don’t even know if the powder coating will hold up do to the design of wheel and how it mates with the track.

Wow those look fantastic, i like the look and color , great job.

@overanalyze
    great job on the door Andrew , sorry i missed this thread , looks great .

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.536 seconds