dcsimg

Some barn doors for your pleasure .

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

I did some garage doors awhile back. The track hardware was expensive.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

that is really impressive, i really like it. I’ve never seen garage doors that open like that before. was it leevalleys that you got the track hardware?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Nice doors Mark! Are they manual or powered?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Those are gorgeous @redwood!! What tyoe of joinery did you use to put them together? I would love a project like that.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

redwood
    Pro

that is really impressive, i really like it. I’ve never seen garage doors that open like that before. was it leevalleys that you got the track hardware?

No, not Lee Valley. I’ll have to research that. I did order them online though.

Nice doors Mark! Are they manual or powered?

They are manual, but they glided very well when I was finished. Who knows with time.

Those are gorgeous redwood!! What tyoe of joinery did you use to put them together? I would love a project like that.

A combination of domino’s, but I didn’t have the XL at that time. Glue of course and a few well placed, countersunk HeadLoks.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

for doors that big I bet the hardware was pretty heavy duty

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i was just checking out different builds of the barn doors, and here is a good idea that someone else did. They made their own form and bent steel to make their own hardware.

Click on the link to see full photos and text. for some reason imgur doesn’t embed well .

View post on imgur.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow Mark those really turned out nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Those are very nice doors Mark. ThanX for posting the pictures.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

i was just checking out different builds of the barn doors, and here is a good idea that someone else did. They made their own form and bent steel to make their own hardware.

Click on the link to see full photos and text. for some reason imgur doesn’t embed well .

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-udkQ6-true-370″ scrolling=”no” src=”http://imgur.com/a/udkQ6/embed?pub=true&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fbethepro.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2Fsome-barn-doors-for-your-pleasure%2Fpage%2F3%2F&w=370&#8243; id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-udkQ6″ style=”height: 500px; width: 370px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    </figure>

That’s pretty smart. The hardware you buy is not cheap and those look just as good.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-udkQ6-true-370″ scrolling=”no” src=”http://imgur.com/a/udkQ6/embed?pub=true&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fbethepro.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2Fsome-barn-doors-for-your-pleasure%2Fpage%2F3%2F&w=370″ id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-udkQ6″ style=”height: 500px; width: 370px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    </figure>

That’s pretty smart. The hardware you buy is not cheap and those look just as good.

That’s what I was thinking, if it is possible to make your own hardware, you can adjust and make whatever size you need. I should really make one of these for the middle room at my place.

Doobie

Thems nice doors Jerry and Mark! 👌

I have a single door to make for a job. It will be a 44″ wide door with a full glass center. I think I am going to use some 8/4 F/B poplar and 10mm double stacked dominos for the build. Hardware will be ordered. Pics when I start.

Andrew

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It will be a 44″ wide door with a full glass center.

Can you get double pane glass for the center?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

It will be a 44″ wide door with a full glass center.

Can you get double pane glass for the center?

whywould you need double pane, I am sure it wont be an exterior door. Depending on how rustic you want it some older single pane would look cool.

@theamcguy I could but @austin is correct. It will be an interior door. It will be 1/4″ clear, tempered glass.

Andrew

JerrySats
    Pro
    Garnet Valley, PENNSYLVANIA

I put some stain and finish on the backs of the doors today..I’ll let them cure for a few days and work on the fronts. All in all I’m pretty happy with stain , there’s a little tone difference between the maple and pine but I can live with it. I used Valspars Zenith water based products for the first time. I like the wiping stain they have, it’s easy to work with. I used a per-conditioner under it and that helped even things out.

( typing on your phone is bad )

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is a great choice for stain , it really looks nice !

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Wow, I have missed this thread all together. Nice door Jerry! @redwood, that is a sweet pair of doors too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

These look great. I’ve been thinking of making one for my shop door.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.656 seconds