dcsimg

Snow Removal/Plowing Equipment for Trucks

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I have an old western on my cj7… Started for fun on my own properties, but has grown to 6 commercial and a few private drives.

A lot of people that I know who own some property have a Jeep just to plow and that’s all it’s used for. Not plated or insured so stay on the property.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Blowers on tractors are the thing around here. They move snow in a hurry and do a better job of directing it than a plow.

That would probably be better than a plow and not leave the ends of the driveways all closed off.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Blowers on tractors are the thing around here. They move snow in a hurry and do a better job of directing it than a plow.

That would probably be better than a plow and not leave the ends of the driveways all closed off.

Yeah, the guy that does around here is really nice about it. He will even take a bit of a swipe out of the ends of some drive ways at the corners where is has built up from folks shovelling. Makes it easier to shovel next time. He also does not blow it up against fences and the like, preventing further damage. He must be doing OK, he had a huge articulating Ford tractor up until now. This year I see he has a smaller New Holland with a new blower on it.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We have always plowed in the off season. Bought a 2013 chevy short bed last year just for that purpose…installed my western plow off my old plow truck onto it, and have only used it once this year so far. No snow, or nothing mentionable to plow. We have 5 apartment complex accounts, with a few private drives. In the complexes we can’t just push it to the edge of pavement and leave it. Bobcat Joe comes in behind me and will actually move the piles to a non-parking area or yard.

I need one of these. This is pretty cool!

https://www.facebook.com/jeanfrancois.bedard.52/videos/1644587319127835/

cool . i like how the blades extend out , we use the tractor with the blowers around us , don’t know if they have that option to extend like the one in the video .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have always plowed in the off season.

Holy coW you’re a plower too! Do you have your guys do that??

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have an old western on my cj7… Started for fun on my own properties, but has grown to 6 commercial and a few private drives.

A lot of people that I know who own some property have a Jeep just to plow and that’s all it’s used for. Not plated or insured so stay on the property.

in the future when I purchase land, i’ll make sure to purchase a plow with a jeep. I’ve seen downtown toronto some guy with a small little snowmobiles with a plow on it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Holy co<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>W you’re a plower too! Do you have your guys do that??

@dirtywhiteboy they plow as well, but not for me. They have their own accounts. Everybody’s a plower here 🙂 I was taught to plow before I was taught to build. It’s actually very peaceful when you plow overnight.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Holy co<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>W you’re a plower too! Do you have your guys do that??

@dirtywhiteboy they plow as well, but not for me. They have their own accounts. Everybody’s a plower here :) I was taught to plow before I was taught to build. It’s actually very peaceful when you plow overnight.

I’m sure it’s a lot easier to have your guys get their own insurance to plow and use their own vehicles. Pushing snow is Hard on a truck!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Pushing snow is Hard on a truck!

It is hard on a truck, harder than towing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Everybody’s a plower here 🙂 I was taught to plow before I was taught to build. It’s actually very peaceful when you plow overnight.

So will we get a pic of you plowing rig?? Because you could be blowing hot air

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I just need this, forget putting a plow on the car. I don’t want to leave my warm house when I do this

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Maybe snow tonight! Woohoo!

--Steve

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I just need this, forget putting a plow on the car. I don’t want to leave my warm house when I do this

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/qbh3llweLAA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

that is pretty cool! for new and fluffy snow not a big deal.
    how about those 4′ tall ice and snow piles in front of most driveways which we cleared lol

we just had a small 24″ snow blower which struggled quite a bit to eat thru that ice and snow mix. for next season we gonna buy a bigger and more powerful machine plus a DIY snowplow to break the ice barrier.
    most homeowners prefer snowblower instead of plows.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/qbh3llweLAA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

that is pretty cool! for new and fluffy snow not a big deal.
    how about those 4′ tall ice and snow piles in front of most driveways which we cleared lol

we just had a small 24″ snow blower which struggled quite a bit to eat thru that ice and snow mix. for next season we gonna buy a bigger and more powerful machine plus a DIY snowplow to break the ice barrier.
    most homeowners prefer snowblower instead of plows.

hey even a remote control snowblower, i’ll take lol instead of heading outside to do it.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I think it is a interesting topic. Alot depends how snow falls during the winter. How parking lot driveways you have to do. I snowplow with my ATV. It does a good job and can be alittle hard on if the snow is really. I mainly just plow my driveway and my neighbors. There is lots of people who do it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Everybody’s a plower here :) I was taught to plow before I was taught to build. It’s actually very peaceful when you plow overnight.

So will we get a pic of you plowing rig?? Because you could be blowing hot air

Probably…sounds like the Tara we’ve all come to know 😉

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I hear on the news that the east coast is getting hit hard now. I hope our member up there are staying safe.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I hear on the news that the east coast is getting hit hard now. I hope our member up there are staying safe.

Their a little more use to the weather there. I also hope all the BTP members are doing ok out East!

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yeah lots of place got hit way worse than where I am in NC. I was just on the edge. Hope everybody is warm.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.397 seconds