dcsimg

Small Workshop Layout

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

This guy has some really nice machines but I am really impressed with all that he is able to fit into a small space without it feeling way too cramped.

John S

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

That combination joiner and planer was different.

Bert

That combination joiner and planer was different.

I’m not sure whose model that was but I think that is the same way the hammer A3-31 jointer/planer works and is definitely an amazing machine… Gotta start putting pennies in the piggy bank sooner than later on that one lol

What is impressive to me is how he has real woodworking machines set up in his shop – including real dust collection. Pretty impressive for the size

John S

Talk about a shoe box shop with top shelf woodworking equipment .

Always willing to learn .

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Damn that shop is smaller than mine but it is ever sweet. I love how clean and thought out it is. I hope to put a sub-panel like that in my shop this winter.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep the guy does a lot with not a lot of space. That is one nice panel. Is that German only or are they here in the US?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’d love to know more details on what all he has fit into that space and how large of space that actually is. Is it about the size of a one car garage maybe?

That is one nice panel. Is that German only or are they here in the US?

No idea. I am sure somebody else knows

John S

I’m not sure I would call this guy’s shop super small, but there are definitely aspects of what he shows for his storage setup (like his psuedo-pegboard wall and small workbench) that are definitely interesting. Check it out!

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice video on building a workbench. I like the design of the bench.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This guy’s sysport wall seems like a decent way to arrange one of the walls in your one or two car garage if you that is the amount of space you are dealing with…

http://festoolownersgroup.com/workshops-and-mobile-vehicle-based-shops/updating-my-shop-again!/

John S

Attachments:
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That’s a whole lot of festool

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

This guy’s sysport wall seems like a decent way to arrange one of the walls in your one or two car garage if you that is the amount of space you are dealing with…

http://festoolownersgroup.com/workshops-and-mobile-vehicle-based-shops/updating-my-shop-again!/

That’s some serious organization there and a whole lot of $estool

A Working Pro since 2004

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

That uncovered wall switch above the track is not what I expect from a Fe$tool owner. Tsk tsk.

Bert

That uncovered wall switch above the track is not what I expect from a Fe$tool owner. Tsk tsk.

lol some of the things you guys spot and catch in these pics always cracks me up / blows my mind.

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

He spent all his money on tools. I will say it is a nice set-up. Looks like some Woodpecker One Time Tools on the peg board too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Everytime I see these I realish how much I need to reorganize.

Even if all of the tool boxes were misshapen and not all one modular system, it seems like you could easily cater the dimensions of the “sysports” to the largest box and still imitate what that guy has done and come out with some nice storage + a little bit of work surface or more storage with them being the same height

John S

I suppose small is always relative, but this guy uses a 2 car garage and seems to have a very well laid out shop – check it out!
    http://jayscustomcreations.com/2014/10/mike-merzkes-very-well-laid-out-shop/

John S

Attachments:
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The small dedicated work shops are always cool. I REALLY like the multi use shop. So many of us still need to park in our shop or have kids bikes and toys hanging around.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

That seems to be one of the biggest strengths of Mike’s shop – it seems like he still has access to his garage and yet has a rather well functioning shop. He certainly uses his wall space well!

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.610 seconds