dcsimg

Slight problem with my Keen Boots.

This topic contains 92 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  svensshutters 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I have had a few pairs of boots that cracked like that.

I just lost a pair myself last month. What kills me is that I bought them yers ago along with an identical pair at the same time. The other ones lasted cloce to 5 years, but bit the dust last year and I started wearing the other pair since. Didn’t even last a year.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

I have had a few pairs of boots that cracked like that.

I just lost a pair myself last month. What kills me is that I bought them yers ago along with an identical pair at the same time. The other ones lasted cloce to 5 years, but bit the dust last year and I started wearing the other pair since. Didn’t even last a year.

Did the sole come of from the shoe? Shoes, especially if kept in the box don’t last a long time. I had a pair which I bought and stored a few years, come apart after about a half day of use.

Anonymous

They may offer just to replace the sole, But since they’re only that old they really need to replace them. I’ve had a lot of Redwings do that over the years but it takes a couple years, And by that time the rest of them were wore out anyway. I used to be very hard on boots, The first thing that wore was the leather off the steel toe

SamM
    Pro

That’s a pretty nasty split. I’ve seen similar in boots before, but never in a new pair. I’ve always bought the cheapest I can get and have never had that problem.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Got an email back from them friday. I’m supposed to file a warranty claim.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

What are they saying will come of it? A new pair of boots?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I can’t imagine they don’t replace them. I’ve never had that happen to a pair of boots before. even crappy timberlands.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

They may offer just to replace the sole, But since they’re only that old they really need to replace them. I’ve had a lot of Redwings do that over the years but it takes a couple years, And by that time the rest of them were wore out anyway. I used to be very hard on boots, The first thing that wore was the leather off the steel toe

That’s where I normally get my wear and tear also is in the toe. Once the steel is showing, it takes little time for the rest to rip open. I like to try and get the boots with the rubber cap over the steel toe rather than just leather. Seems to help them last a little longer.

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Is that just simply filling out a claim and some pics? Or will you have to send in the boots for them to review?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

A

Is that just simply filling out a claim and some pics? Or will you have to send in the boots for them to review?

Really, lets hope it is an easy fix, not a PIA doing

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

This will really give us a good insite to how Keen handles their warranty repairs.

On a lighter note, my wife bought me a pair of Keen’s for christmas. They are just a hair too small, after looking on their site, there is apparently a known problem that they are a half size too small. Unfortunately, I had worn them outside already so I couldn’t bring them back to the retailer. Keen did give me a 30% off code for a pair off of their site. Not bad service.

I think if this happens to your boot with in a year . You should be able to go to store a replace it with new pair no questions asked . The local store should handle warranty stuff .

Always willing to learn .

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think if this happens to your boot with in a year . You should be able to go to store a replace it with new pair no questions asked . The local store should handle warranty stuff .

I think they were a points redemption.

That looks like a faulty sole. They should not fall apart like that. Odd crack in a shoe. I had that happen on some snow boots on the top of each shoe, but never on the sole like that.

Orange County, CA

KEEN_UTILITY
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Hi Dustincoc: We are so sorry to hear about the quality issues on your boots. A crack like that is highly unusual and we absolutely want to make sure you have a good experience with KEEN Utility. As our customer service statement that you found stated, we fully stand behind our product and our customer service team should be in touch asap to discuss next steps with you. I’ll keep an eye on this situation to make sure we make it right asap. If you have any questions for me, just reply to this thread! Kind Regards, Lauren

That’s exactly the way it should be! Thanks for the post KEEN_UTILITY.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is great news and good to see a company stand behind their product !

Anonymous

I really didn’t expect them to not cover that, but nice to get confirmation right here in the forum.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Just one more reason BTP is awesome! It’s great to see a Keen rep speaking on behalf of the company!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous

That is great news and good to see a company stand behind their product !

Reminds me of the slogan of a windows company in our area. “We don’t just stand behind our products, we stand ON it”

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.408 seconds