dcsimg

Skilsaw Worm Drive Table Saw

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

That skl is a nice looking table saw.
    But then again so is the Bosch reax

Wouldn’t mind upgrading my old Mastercraft 🙁

I’ve got an old Craftsman TS that has seen it’s fair share of wood go through it.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

However this is this is the first generation of either saw, i hope all the bugs have been worked out.

There’s always a bug or two slipped through the crack, personally I’d wait half a year or so before buying a new release.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

However this is this is the first generation of either saw, i hope all the bugs have been worked out.

There’s always a bug or two slipped through the crack, personally I’d wait half a year or so before buying a new release.

Bosch has been making table saws for many years now. I would not be scard at all.

redwood
    Pro

this instagram short video really shows how well put together it is. this is a quality table saw, it just needs the reaaxxx tech in it.

I’ve been using table saws regularly for 40 years without Reaxx. I still have all my digits. The extra expense is not needed if you are careful and respect the saw.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

this instagram short video really shows how well put together it is. this is a quality table saw, it just needs the reaaxxx tech in it.

I’ve been using table saws regularly for 40 years without Reaxx. I still have all my digits. The extra expense is not needed if you are careful and respect the saw.

I just want it for the just in case, as accidents can happen. I have a table saw and use it but the fear will always be there. I also want it for teaching friends how to use it and have a backup just in case.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No there is no way we will ever be able to use the table saw without the reaxx in it. I feel like the next time I use one I will hack a digit off. RW you must get the reaxx saw or face loosing a digit or three.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Once a saw has Reaxx then operators will begin to get careless knowing that the tech will back them up. I sill think Reaxx is aimed at companies looking to reduce their liability in case of an accident. It will become “mandatory” in the sense of if you don’t have it and an accident occurs you will be held liable because you did not do everything possible to prevent it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I just want it for the just in case, as accidents can happen. I have a table saw and use it but the fear will always be there. I also want it for teaching friends how to use it and have a backup just in case.

How about that feature on a gas chainsaw in the future?

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Hey what ever makes things safer can’t be a bad thing. There are people who drive for years with no tickets or accidents. Then there will be some who get tickets and accidents

redwood
    Pro

Like most things, the user has to determine whether the benefit justifies the increased cost. I think that most old guys like me, who have been around these machines forever, would say no. But I’m not against the option.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Like most things, the user has to determine whether the benefit justifies the increased cost. I think that most old guys like me, who have been around these machines forever, would say no. But I’m not against the option.

I am with Mark on this. I think it is a great technology that will serve some people very well but I don’t see me buying one.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s gonna make it hard to make movies.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am with Mark on this. I think it is a great technology that will serve some people very well but I don’t see me buying one.

i don’t see myself buying one right now, i can wait till the price drops a bit on it. However going forward, i really can’t see having more safety features a bad thing. I mean look at air bags, when you need them, you need them.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

LOL! the next movie will be the almost texas chainsaw hotdog massacre.

Back on track about the skill saw, pro tool reviews did a table saw shoot out and rated this saw better than the 4100.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Back on track about the skill saw, pro tool reviews did a table saw shoot out and rated this saw better than the 4100.

Thanks for bringing it back on track. I should know better than to add to it.

A Working Pro since 2004

For the overall it was behind the 4100 but the REAXX, 4100 and Skilsaw Worm Drive Table Saw were leading the top. I’ve said this in the another topic but I think there’s some bias. DirtyWhiteBoy brought it up.

My impressions of playing with a display model of the Skilsaw was pretty good. It seemed like a proper improved version of the Bosch GTS1031.

redwood
    Pro

Well once again I’ve scored a wonderful opportunity to review the new and improved Skilsaw Wormdrive Table saw.
    More power, larger capacity, rack and pinion fence and a rolling stand.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Attachments:
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Well once again I’ve scored a wonderful opportunity to review the new and improved Skilsaw Wormdrive Table saw.

Good to see tools actually going to pros that can give an honest review Mark. Will be looking forward to your review.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s great! My buddy jjp uses that one at work everyday setting cabinets. He likes it.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.365 seconds