dcsimg

SkilSaw 14” Abrasive Saw

This topic contains 19 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

After receiving my saw I hurriedly opened the box. It was packaged very well and was not hard to open and get everything setup to start cutting. I did notice that I was missing one of the rubber feet (which I am sure Skilsaw will replace), but otherwise I was ready to go. It is heavier than my old abrasive saw but is more mobile and easier to carry because of the handle on top. The D handle is different from my previous trigger handled saw but is like my miter saw so it will not be an issue getting used too. There was plenty of power, nothing I put in front of it bogged it down, which was not the case for my previous saw. I cut a handful of different types of metal from square tubing, electrical conduit, angle iron, metal t-post, and a few other random metal objects. It made smoother and cleaner cuts than I was expecting it to make, which will lead to work getting down quicker and looking better. The vise for holding down the material was very well built and smooth, and making the area smaller and larger was a breeze. I would definitely recommend this saw to a friend, it is priced very well and from what I can tell is a great saw that should last for a longtime .

Doobie
    Pro

Thanks for the review Matt!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice review MRenes. I am wondering what the amp difference is between the Makita and the Skil chop saw?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks for the review MRenes. Sounds like a good cutting saw.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Congrats on being chosen, and thanks for the review!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice review Matthew. Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

good review, thanks for posting. looks like some nice clean cuts.

Clev08
    Pro

How well does the Skilsaw contain the Sparks compared to your old one?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@mrenes thanks for the review, congrats on getting chosen for the saw,
    It’s very early, but just curious what did you think of the abrasive blade, do you think it would last quite long? Obviously depending on the material thicknesses and type.

Anonymous

Nice job, I couldn’t quite see in the pic and was wondering if the vise is quick release?

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

@dirtywhiteboy – I’ll have double check but the makita is either a 12 or 15 amp.

@dabbs, yes it is a quick release vice.

Anonymous

@dirtywhiteboy – I’ll have double check but the makita is either a 12 or 15 amp.

@dabbs, yes it is a quick release vice.

Cool, I have one coming also and was hoping it was

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

dirtywhiteboy – I’ll have double check but the makita is either a 12 or 15 amp.

I think it’s a 10 to 12 amp saw. Then what is the Skil?

Dirty

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

dirtywhiteboy – I’ll have double check but the makita is either a 12 or 15 amp.

I think it’s a 10 to 12 amp saw. Then what is the Skil?

The Skil is a 15 amp

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

great review there Matt.
    and some great cuts from the abrasive blade.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

@mrenes that’s funny about the rubber foot. The saw they sent me was missing one too.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@mrenes that’s funny about the rubber foot. The saw they sent me was missing one too.

that is weird, maybe there is one machine on the production line that is malfunctioning.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It sounds like it only gets 3 feet.

Dirty

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

that is weird, maybe there is one machine on the production line that is malfunctioning.

Yeah that is pretty weird. Hopefully they will get that fixed, I messaged Mike about it so he’ll probably relay that to production.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

How well does the Skilsaw contain the Sparks compared to your old one?

I am interested in the as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.515 seconds