dcsimg

Skills we can share or teach

Viewing 12 posts - 141 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Funny we had the maintenance guy repair the one on the big drill press , some guys just smack it closed or off if you will
    , They aren’t made for that.

Yeah E-stops are not made to be smack off all the time. Some people just don’t care.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I had bought my daughter water bottle holder for her bike. I asked her if she wanted to install it. Right way she said sure Dad. With my help she managed get it installed. She had a little trouble using the ratchet. But manage to get the bolts tight with my help. This makes me happy to see want be interested in doing things like this.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

My wife has asked my advice alot this week on sanding and finishing wood. She is making home decor and signs and other stuff. She had some finishes that had failed and other issues that she didn’t know how to deal with. I tried my best to share what I have learnt over the years to help her make a better product.

She didn’t really like the idea that some of what I was telling was adding time to her projects. I had to remind her that if you don’t it right. You might have a customer return a product that has failed and this could give you a bad name. He has been hustling her butt this week to go to her first craft show. So we will see how well she does. The Craft show might not be too busy due Covid. I sure it still be a learning experience.

Greg

Kamster
    Pro

I agree… doing it right the first time is the way to go. Plus it gets easier and faster the more often you do it the right way

What types of things is your wife building for the craft show?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Plus it gets easier and faster the more often you do it the right way

Very true!

She uses reusable transfers chalk paste and chalk paint to make different types of with signs, pillows etc. She also sells the chalk transfers and chalk supplies. She has started to do online courses and has done few in person classes.
    You can chalk on something and after say month you cam remove it and put something in same place. It is quite interesting process. She just tried the craft show for something different.

Greg

Plus it gets easier and faster the more often you do it the right way

Very true!

She uses reusable transfers chalk paste and chalk paint to make different types of with signs, pillows etc. She also sells the chalk transfers and chalk supplies. She has started to do online courses and has done few in person classes.

You can chalk on something and after say month you cam remove it and put something in same place. It is quite interesting process. She just tried the craft show for something different.

Congratulations to your wife , hope it was a good experience for her , and hopefully it gave her more clientele

Is that the same chalk paint we were talking about on the vanity I’m redoing in the what did you do in the shop today
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard of the chalk paste

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Congratulations to your wife , hope it was a good experience for her , and hopefully it gave her more clientele

Thank you. I am sure it will be a good experience for her either way. You really don’t know if you don’t try. She did say yesterday was very slow day. I hope day is a much better day.

Is that the same chalk paint we were talking about on the vanity I’m redoing in the what did you do in the shop today

It is not the same Chalk paint. I never hear of Chalk paste before. It is very interesting product.

Edit: I have add photo of her set up at the Craft Show.

Greg

Thank you. I am sure it will be a good experience for her either way. You really don’t know if you don’t try. She did say yesterday was very slow day. I hope day is a much better day.

It is not the same Chalk paint. I never hear of Chalk paste before. It is very interesting product.

Edit: I have add photo of her set up at the Craft Show.

Wow , that’s for sharing the picture , looks like some nice products 👍

Kamster
    Pro

Your wife’s work looks great. Hope she does well with her business

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Your wife’s work looks great. Hope she does well with her business

Thanks very much! I hope she does well too. She has worked very hard since loosing job last fall.
    There was man that stopped and looked a items yesterday. He was totally surprised that my wife made these items. He ended up buying 2 or 3 items from her. The man said everything you buy now days is from China.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I had bought my daughter water bottle holder for her bike. I asked her if she wanted to install it. Right way she said sure Dad. With my help she managed get it installed. She had a little trouble using the ratchet. But manage to get the bolts tight with my help. This makes me happy to see want be interested in doing things like this.

That’s awesome, teach them early to be able to take care of a lot of the ‘daily stuff’ in life.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s awesome, teach them early to be able to take care of a lot of the ‘daily stuff’ in life.

Thanks! I try as much as I can. It seemed easier when they were younger. LOL!! My girls still take a interest in doing stuff. They both want to help paint the house when were painting it before we moved it. They did pretty good job.

Greg

Viewing 12 posts - 141 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.437 seconds