dcsimg

Skills we can share or teach

This topic contains 141 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 142 total)
  • Author

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

On the weekend I had my girls help do some jobs outside. They also were playing while I was working. Which I believe this helped keep them from being bored. When I was doing something that I thought they could help at I would ask if they wanted to help. They always said yes when I asked them. I was getting rid of there old sand box I made. I had them dig the sand out with shovel and put it old garbage can. I need to pump up the tire on the wheelbarrow. So I showed my oldest daughter how to use the 12V air compressor to pump up the tire. She was pretty happy I let hook up the hose too the valve stem and turn it on. The best part was when I asked her if she want use the wheelbarrow. While she was putting some topsoil in from the veggie garden that we were getting rid of. Money can’t buy the look that was on her face when I asked her that. She said yes and She did a great job taking the wheelbarrow over where we were dumping the topsoil where the sandbox was. She had a hard time dumping the wheelbarrow. I show how to dump the topsoil. Mine you the wheelbarrow was not full of topsoil. Just enough to say there was something in it.Both girls raked the topsoil out. I also had both girls use my 18V recip saw cutting up the pieces of the old sandbox. They both took turns using it with my help to cut up the boards. It was a good day.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It was a good day.

That’s great, Nothing like working in the garden together.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@Gtokely sounds like you had a good day with your family ,
    It’s nice to see them take the initiative and have interest , and being outside is the icing on the cake , good stuff Greg.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It was a good day.

That’s great, Nothing like working in the garden together.

@Gtokely sounds like you had a good day with your family ,
    It’s nice to see them take the initiative and have interest , and being outside is the icing on the cake , good stuff Greg.

Thanks guys. I try get them involved as much as I can.

Greg

n859715
    Pro

That book sounds great. My daughter is always asking for projects as well. Thanks!

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

Last night my wife wanted me to change the batteries in my youngest daughter’s night light. Within a few minutes my daughter shows up asking if I have it done. I told no. I was just going to get a screwdriver. Right way she asked if she could help change the batteries. I told her I will take it apart and she put the batteries in and put it back together. She did a good job and got the batteries in the right way.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

She did a good job and got the batteries in the right way.

Nice she wanted to help.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

She did a good job and got the batteries in the right way.

Nice she wanted to help.

It was nice Bill that she wanted to help.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Teaching kids about how batteries go in and work is a good skill for them to have. There is also a lot of safety that goes with batteries. Batteries can be very dangerous if swallowed of a button battery is shoved in the nose or ear very big troubles!!!

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Teaching kids about how batteries go in and work is a good skill for them to have.

Very true Dirty.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Teaching kids about how batteries go in and work is a good skill for them to have. There is also a lot of safety that goes with batteries. Batteries can be very dangerous if swallowed of a button battery is shoved in the nose or ear very big troubles!!!

Very good point ,
    Good to teach our kids as much as possible

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Your right it is important. I try to teach them as much as I can.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There are You-tube videos about button battery in the nose that is to gory to post,,

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Today at work a co worker came into issues with his mixer. He was telling me about all the problems there was. He had called Maintenance to come have look at it. The electrician that has only been with company less then a year. After a short time. He when and got his lead hand with lap top too dig deeper into these problems. The lead hand electrician managed to get the mixer to work. Then he to couldn’t figure out why the mixer couldn’t discharge. He too is pretty new too the company and has just taken over the lead hand position. The lead hand electrician was asking me some questions about certain things meant. I really didn’t know what they were. Then I went over to the wall pulled on the E-stop button. That was the problem. So how the E-stop auger got hit. Sometimes we can teach anybody anything it doesn’t matter who they are. I guess having a experience with equipment does mean something.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The other day at work my co worker was having issues with his mixer. He called Maintenance to come and fix the problem. So a Electrician came and was looking at the problem. He couldn’t figure out why the mixing program froze and wouldn’t go on to the next sequence.

I showed them that you need to open and close the product valve. Until the PLC sees the valve has been closed then it will move on to the next sequence.

This problem has been happening for quite awhile. I explained this all to the Electrician. He wrote some note and was going check in to the PLC’s.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I showed them that you need to open and close the product valve. Until the PLC sees the valve has been closed then it will move on to the next sequence.

Nice you had a ready solution that allowed the job to continue.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Nice you had a ready solution that allowed the job to continue.

I had this same problem happen to me when I ran that mixer. There was another way of doing it. But would took alot more time.

Greg

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Today at work a co worker came into issues with his mixer. He was telling me about all the problems there was. He had called Maintenance to come have look at it. The electrician that has only been with company less then a year. After a short time. He when and got his lead hand with lap top too dig deeper into these problems. The lead hand electrician managed to get the mixer to work. Then he to couldn’t figure out why the mixer couldn’t discharge. He too is pretty new too the company and has just taken over the lead hand position. The lead hand electrician was asking me some questions about certain things meant. I really didn’t know what they were. Then I went over to the wall pulled on the E-stop button. That was the problem. So how the E-stop auger got hit. Sometimes we can teach anybody anything it doesn’t matter who they are. I guess having a experience with equipment does mean something.

Haha yeah , those Estop buttons have created issues with the new guys we’ve been hiring also , most of them don’t realize how to reset them.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Haha yeah , those Estop buttons have created issues with the new guys we’ve been hiring also , most of them don’t realize how to reset them.

Yeah they can cause some problems.
    This E-stop was put in a place where it shouldn’t been install. Maintenance have now remove that E-stop.

Greg

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Yeah they can cause some problems.
    This E-stop was put in a place where it shouldn’t been install. Maintenance have now remove that E-stop.

Funny we had the maintenance guy repair the one on the big drill press , some guys just smack it closed or off if you will
    , They aren’t made for that.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.647 seconds