dcsimg

Skil Saw Pro Tips

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

A good collection of tips.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I don’t know about cutting when guard is up and sawdown word if blade gets caught then saw Flys into the air dangerous but tips he gives is great. I don’t know about the polish cut though

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Lots of things I have not heard or seen before. thanks for sharing that.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Some of these techniques are kind of iffy…and dangerous.

Because this is a largely professional group of guys at BTP, I’m going to assume you can decide for yourselves if something is in your skill set or not! Be safe!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Thanks for posting the video.
    Some good tips and some should almost be in the PSA thread. 😮

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Thanks for posting the video.
    Some good tips and some should almost be in the PSA thread. 😮

Some good tips, you can definitely see he is not a rookie lol,

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Because this is a largely professional group of guys at BTP, I’m going to assume you can decide for yourselves if something is in your skill set or not! Be safe!

I am wondering if any of the resident pros can share some of their techniques with us. Something that this guy hasn’t covered, it was an eyeopener

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lots of things I have not heard or seen before. thanks for sharing that.

Same here, nice find, Thank you posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Good tips!
    I use the so called polish plane ( didn’t know about the name and I thought I’ve invented the wheel 🙂 ) with a miter saw. Never tried or think at a circular or worm saw. I mortised wood with a circular saw but I cleaned it up with a chisel or put it on a miter saw.
    Most probably he was bored when he did the video. See the left foot. Gout maybe. Or a cast.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The guy doesn’t know how to set down a Skil saw,!
    And no safety glasses because he waers Rx glasses. What a ascendent waiting to happen !!!

Thanks for sharing @r-ice . He is someone you would like to pick his mind one afternoon . He was cutting in a foot brace too no boot on one foot . I’ve done the polish plane on sill plates before around j-bolts .

Always willing to learn .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I am wondering if any of the resident pros can share some of their techniques with us. Something that this guy hasn’t covered, it was an eyeopener

Most of what he was doing with a circular saw, I would do with another tool altogether. While the circular saw is quite versatile as you see above, it’s not the safest option for certain tasks.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Many everything he taught was all production work speed @jponto07 . Not having to switch tools or squares saves time on Row houses frames . What he video i repeat do try this as a homeowner / DIY guy .

My tip with the saw is always keep it to the left side of your body . If it kicks back your body will not be in the way .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

A couple useful tips, I thought a few of them were pretty common place but thats what happens when you have been around it all your life. When he was taking about tolerances it kinda made me cringe though. I like my framing to be dead on. A 1/16 here and a 1/16 there adds up then it makes it harder to do the finish work. Yes I understand framing is rougher but that doesnt mean it has to be off. I know some will disagree

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

A couple useful tips, I thought a few of them were pretty common place but thats what happens when you have been around it all your life. When he was taking about tolerances it kinda made me cringe though. I like my framing to be dead on. A 1/16 here and a 1/16 there adds up then it makes it harder to do the finish work. Yes I understand framing is rougher but that doesnt mean it has to be off. I know some will disagree

That i thought was a bit left to be desired, what @58chev showed me, we went slow and cut everything exact. I mean it took us longer, but we had the time to do that.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Yeah, there is a place for going faster but in my line of work I never sacrifice quality for speed. I wish every house was built like that but not everyone can afford that. But if the framing is done quickly and sloppy it means that the other things going over top of the framing will take longer. For instance I put in a couple pocket doors where the framing was only out a 1/16 of an inch and I had to tear off drywall and reframe it myself to get it perfect. That took a lot more time and material than taking a few extra minutes to do it right the first time.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Many everything he taught was all production work speed jponto07 . Not having to switch tools or squares saves time on Row houses frames . What he video i repeat do try this as a homeowner / DIY guy .

My tip with the saw is always keep it to the left side of your body . If it kicks back your body will not be in the way .

Of course. Speed at the expense of accuracy isn’t my thing though.

Jon P.
    Instagram

monman1
    Pro

I have done almost all of whats in the video, but the cutting of sheet metal. But he left out one thing cutting rounds in plywood.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have done almost all of whats in the video, but the cutting of sheet metal. But he left out one thing cutting rounds in plywood.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/UlM8FkTAQB8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

honestly – I had no clue you could do that. 😀
    I would probably take you the jig saw and cut the circle haha

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I rather go old way first make your rafter mark it perfectly then use that to make the others. Miter cut he make really not gonna work to good. Cut piece by piece inspect ever beam eyeball it mark it then cut it

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.375 seconds