dcsimg

siding gun or 7/8 stapler

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jkirk 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

vos
    Pro
    oswego, NY

i have a 400sq ft ceder shake job coming up should I buy a siding gun or 7/8 stapler? They are with in $20 of each other

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

i have a 400sq ft ceder shake job coming up should I buy a siding gun or 7/8 stapler? They are with in $20 of each other

I would prefer the siding gun myself. But ether will work.
    Some cedar siding manufactures say not to use staples. Only SS or galvanized nails.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Go with what the manufacturer says ( if they say something ) otherwise you’ll void the warranty.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have the Hitachi siding gun and it works great. I do know that Tool Nut has the Makita siding gun and I’ve used and it works fine and it’s on sale for 329$.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Siding gun, I have a couple of the Hitachi’s and they work well. You can also use them on Hardie board and LP Smartside, More versatile in my opinion.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Unless you will have another use for the stapler down the line, I would say the siding gun since its generally a more versatile tool.

vos
    Pro
    oswego, NY

I just went with the siding gun!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

pictures or it did not happen

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just went with the siding gun!

What kine did you get??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Good choice. I have the Makita siding gun and I find it’s quite useful. I really don’t know what I would use a stapler for given that I have the siding gun…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ive been using hitachi siding guns for years as well as senco.. i recently bought a bostich on clearance

the siding nailer is more versatile, we use them for cedar shingles.. fibre cement , lp smartside and underlayment

if in fact you are using cedar buy stainless nails only.. the galvonized will react with the cedar and you will see rust streaks on the finished product within a year

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.590 seconds