dcsimg

Show Us Your Workshop

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 posts - 421 through 434 (of 434 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Added a few windows and double door to the finishing room. Now that I have more ideas – I’ll have to do more layout work.

An exterior view just for posterity.

Oh, that’s going to be nice! Bet you can just about taste it.

I really need to get away from all the flex pipe I have all over the shop. Maybe this winter.

Flex pipe is great while you are setting up shop, deciding where everything is going and constantly making changes. Once you have settled on a layout, solid pipe really improves performance not to mention getting the mess off the floor. Good winter project.

I hope to be able to go solid pipe one day – at the moment I’m just pulling around a dust separator bucket on wheels hooked up to a shop vac. It works fine, but I have to unhook it every time I use a different t tool.

I love the idea of dry fitting everything as a way to keep the ability to change it as you need it.

@mtroads nice looking shop – when are you building it?

I didn’t go solid pipe until everything was pretty much settled as to where machines were going to live. The dry fitting was really accidental. I was fitting and assembling components and when it was all together, I thought, why bother to take it apart to glue up; it’s not going anywhere.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Added a few windows and double door to the finishing room. Now that I have more ideas – I’ll have to do more layout work.

@mtroads,
    It’s great that you have a vision of the big picture.
    It will be nice once you have the property to build your dream workshop.

That’s looking great, I would love to have a separate workshop, instead of in the garage, can’t really work in it at night, the boss kinda complains about the noise lol

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@mtroads,
    It’s great that you have a vision of the big picture.
    It will be nice once you have the property to build your dream workshop.

That’s looking great, I would love to have a separate workshop, instead of in the garage, can’t really work in it at night, the boss kinda complains about the noise lol

use more hand tools then she can barely hear it. However I hear you, and i want a workshop separate from the garage with full running plumbing and hvac

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Going to be a nice place. When do you plan on it getting started?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice look on the workshop. Like the design.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Starting on a shop build is dependent on finding the right property to put it on. Have been looking for a while, but nothing has jumped out of the woodwork yet.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Starting on a shop build is dependent on finding the right property to put it on. Have been looking for a while, but nothing has jumped out of the woodwork yet.

You are not going to build it at your house?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MTRoads
    Pro

You are not going to build it at your house?

Looking for a spot with a house and property. 🙂

Stan

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@boschmanbrian,
    You need to move. 🙂 😛

I have worked in my garage many a late nights without disturbing anyone in the house and never any complaints from neighbours.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@boschmanbrian,
    You need to move. 🙂 😛

I have worked in my garage many a late nights without disturbing anyone in the house and never any complaints from neighbours.

Haha, actually I don’t really care about what the neighbors say,besides if I’m in the garage and the doors are closed, they have nothing to say 🙂 it’s more the noise from the garage getting into the house waking up my family.
    You know, my daughter sleeping and my MIL, don’t want to make to much noise for them,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looking for a spot with a house and property.

That makes sense. Good luck hopefully you can find the perfect spot.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@boschmanbrian,
    You need to move. 🙂 😛

Haha, actually I don’t really care about what the neighbors say,besides if I’m in the garage and the doors are closed, they have nothing to say 🙂 it’s more the noise from the garage getting into the house waking up my family.
    You know, my daughter sleeping and my MIL, don’t want to make to much noise for them,

I have a separate shop for the first time and I gotta say; I’m really enjoying it. Noise issue aside, the freedom that the separation gives is a real treat.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@boschmanbrian,
    You need to move. 🙂 😛

I have a separate shop for the first time and I gotta say; I’m really enjoying it. Noise issue aside, the freedom that the separation gives is a real treat.

yah in my house searching, it is something I am looking for a separate building OR a spot where I can apply for a licence to build something like what @doobie has. that would be the perfect workshop, bottom area for all the power tools and upstairs for all the storage.

MTRoads
    Pro

Looking for a spot with a house and property.

That makes sense. Good luck hopefully you can find the perfect spot.

Thanks. 🙂 The search has been ongoing for a while now, I’m sure something will show up sooner or later.

Stan

Viewing 14 posts - 421 through 434 (of 434 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.591 seconds