dcsimg

Show us your trusty SKILSAW circular saw

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

only one I see is the bOSCH cs10 on the list.

It’s right up top in the first group of tools where the Blaklader pants are.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder why this is listed in the top and not with the other saws…

It seems that they like to keep the Bosch-branded products separate.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

And it looks like it is pretty close in specs to the Bosch – although the Bosch has a bigger bevel angle range….hmmm, need to do a comparison.

edit — I see the bevel range is the same on both saws. I think that they are pretty much the same saw, but the Skilsaw has more metal parts on the housing and a better blade.

why not save for both, then you can do a comparison video test.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

There is some nice looking saws you guys have, I already have a nice Makita saw but every time I see one of the SKILSAW’s I try and justify to myself why I need to by myself a “spare” saw.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Here’s mine. Had an 8 1/4″ too but sold it

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

With all the trim Work I’ve been doing now I rarely use the framing saws. Today was all day with the brushless 18 volt.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

It just takes a little Skil.

When I need one I reach for the closest one. Some have been around a while.

Also a recip and a cordless drill. Not much left of the drill’s battery.

Rained today so there are any outdoor action shots. 🙂

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

we see alot of photos, lets see some more videos guys. Any tips or tricks with em?

Sledrig
    Pro

I found this sight and it gave me the motivation to get my 1930’s Skilsaw Model E running. The cord was shot and the switch was loose. I cleaned up the switch, installed a modern Skilsaw cord with the neutral ground and inspected the brushes. Now it runs again! I also have the original case and blade wrench.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found this sight and it gave me the motivation to get my 1930’s Skilsaw Model E running. The cord was shot and the switch was loose. I cleaned up the switch, installed a modern Skilsaw cord with the neutral ground and inspected the brushes. Now it runs again! I also have the original case and blade wrench.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/AYp5wgDnHUM?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Hey you’re new, Welcome to the place. Very cool saw, Great video too. Thanks

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/AYp5wgDnHUM?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Nice, that is a sweet saw. I don’t believe I have ever saw a model E before.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Thanks for posting that one. Looks great. That is a keeper.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

It is pretty cool seeing all these old saws . I really love my skil sidewinder , It is a great handling saw .

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I’ve been using my saw I got from the site pretty often. Now to see if I have a picture of it somewhere.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Welcome to BTP .. Ian, That is a neat looking saw, I think one of the oldest shown to date.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Welcome to BTP Sledrig . That saw looks like it weighs a ton.

redwood
    Pro

Welcome to BTP Sledrig . That saw looks like it weighs a ton.

That’s what I was thinking. But way cool that someone has one that is a classic and it is still working.

I want to hear about the disposition of Kents saw. I remember the thread way back on CT.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Sledrig
    Pro

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Yes it’s heavy, but I can still lift it one handed. It is by far the oldest in my worm drive collection. I also have a Skilsaw 825 (just like the first video in this thread. It also has its original box, wrench and an oil soaked manual), a Stanley Safe T Saw (it has two triggers at two different handle locations), a Mall (with the blade on the right side), a Black & Decker Quick Saw (the heaviest) and a Cummins Power Saw (6″ with a vertical motor). I have a few 70’s and 80’s saws as well.

Here’s a Skilsaw catalog I have from December 1941. I love the theme and there is great detail and info inside as well.

monman1
    Pro

Welcome to BTP Sledrig! That great old saw, its older then mine!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Here’s a Skilsaw catalog I have from December 1941. I love the theme and there is great detail and info inside as well.

Welcome to BTP!
    That is really neat how it say’s “Tools for the defense of North America”. Thanks for posting the video too!

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.506 seconds