dcsimg

Show off your window / door jobs .

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • Author

You guy’s need some shutters.

Shutters equal hurricanes and tornadoes . Lol

Always willing to learn .

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

For me they equal security and energy savings.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Seeing as how Sven is in CO not a big hurricane or tornado state, the shutter installs must be for security and energy savings in the winter. I’m thinking cold mountain winds.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Security? Like from the purge? Lol

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Security? Like from the purge? Lol

I’m thinking physical security to prevent break-ins.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

You guy’s need some shutters.

Them shutters look really sharp

I can see the security for sure . How does it equal energy savings . Does it have some kind of foam or it blocks sun light .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

How does it equal energy savings . Does it have some kind of foam or it blocks sun light .

Interested in that as well. Hopefully Sven will chime in.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I can see the security for sure . How does it equal energy savings . Does it have some kind of foam or it blocks sun light .

Both. The curtains are foam filled to keep from loosing warmth through your widows, and can be let down to block the sun in hot weather so you don’t get the solar effect of the sun heating your house coming through the windows. Believe it or nor, there is a lot of wind here on the front range as well.

Both. The curtains are foam filled to keep from loosing warmth through your widows, and can be let down to block the sun in hot weather so you don’t get the solar effect of the sun heating your house coming through the windows. Believe it or nor, there is a lot of wind here on the front range as well.

Cool to know that it save you heating and cooling bills . So helps with sales in both areas .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice looking shutter Sven. Those are big over here with all the wind and storms. Also for peoples 2nd homes need to be secure.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Also for peoples 2nd homes need to be secure.

I can see the security aspect for second homes and for the typhoons. Do you install a lot of shutters Dirty?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice looking shutter Sven. Those are big over here with all the wind and storms. Also for peoples 2nd homes need to be secure.

Thank you.

Great looking projects guys!! We do a few window and door replacements a year, I’ll have to step up my game on photos before and after for them.

I would definitely want those shutters if I had a second home far away just for the security of them.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Did a new 5 unit casement replacement this week. Old Andersen out, new Andersen in. Client was happy we put up our plastic enclosure.

Andrew

Did a new 5 unit casement replacement this week. Old Andersen out, new Andersen in. Client was happy we put up our plastic enclosure.

Nice job @overanalyze . The clients most of loved the dust control set up in there house on that job .

Thanks @Skillman they were happy we did it. It was in the high 20’s f when we did this. He was thrilled the house only dropped a few degrees. It only took maybe 15 minutes to setup. Well worth it.

Andrew

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

You guys do some great work

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks @Skillman they were happy we did it. It was in the high 20’s f when we did this. He was thrilled the house only dropped a few degrees. It only took maybe 15 minutes to setup. Well worth it.

That is an aspect I hadn’t even thought of. Guess if it would have been more work, you could have added some moving blankets to it for additional insulation.

That is an aspect I hadn’t even thought of. Guess if it would have been more work, you could have added some moving blankets to it for additional insulation.

Very good idea Sven!! If the opening would have been open to the weather longer we would have had to give that some more thought. We kept it minimal by prepping the new unit before the old one came out. This kept the time very short they had a big hole in their house!! 😉

Andrew

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.525 seconds