dcsimg

Should I open my own forging company?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  smallerstick 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey there!

I own a farm equipment company in Ontario. Most of parts are made from different factories and forged from our suppliers here. We have a good history with the companies who forge things for us and they are good at what they do.

Now, I am thinking of opening a forging company to forge our equipments. Is the huge initial investment worth in the long run? Please share your views

I would say…it depends.

Size of parts is a big consideration. Bigger parts means bigger equipment and more room needed.

Are you forging from castings or from stock?

What is the pool of skilled labour in your area? Many companies are having a hard time finding/attracting people to work due to shortages.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RyanF
    Pro

On the 1% chance this post is for real and you’re asking a sincere question, the answer is most definitely no.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Hey there!

I own a farm equipment company in Ontario. Most of parts are made from different factories and forged from our suppliers here. We have a good history with the companies who forge things for us and they are good at what they do.

Now, I am thinking of opening a forging company to forge our equipments. Is the huge initial investment worth in the long run? Please share your views

I would be curious to know why you are looking to spend the kind of money needed to open a forging facility when you have reliable suppliers?

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.229 seconds