dcsimg

Shop work table update

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Due to some unforeseen extra time in the shop, i was able to get a ton done today! I had a scheduled day off but instead of helping my FIL pick out wood for a shelf, I got to keep working in my shop (would have been fun to go shopping, but I loved this too!)

So today I got the norches cut on both sides of the table saw so the fence can reach its full capacity right and left, finished all the shelving underneath the table, wired up all the outlets I need, and then went through all the loose scraps I have and sorted, organized, and picked out the stuff I just don’t need. I got a healthy burn pile and a smaller trash pile now, and I was able to vacuum up a TON of ancient sawdust I’ve been collecting ,lol! It feels so nice to have everything put away and working again.

Now that’s it’s all back together, there’s only a few things left to do:

-make the router fence I’ve been dreaming up
    -cut the grooves from the table saw so I can use my cross cut sled
    -go through all the lumber on my lumber rack and reorganize

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

So, I was offline all day yesterday after my Grizzly experience, but I did get some time to start working on the router fence today. It’s not done yet, and it will all be made from a hodgepodge of various scrap materials but I’m hoping that, when it’s done, it’ll be firm and square and be easily adjustable. I’m also planning to make it hook up to my dust collection.

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I finished my router fence this morning! Fits perfectly on the table saw fence with a couple little stops to keep it in place and then slides from about 26.5” out up to 1” past center on my router. Built in dust collection channel behind the fence with a port specific to my small diameter hose. I think it’s got everything I could think of!

Charlie

Instagram

@cmeyer25 what grizzly experience? A bear 😮
    Hope you are okay,
    The fence came out nicely, really like this build, it’s giving me ideas, especially since I am definitely not experienced in woodworking.

Doobie

what grizzly experience? A bear

LMAO….No silly, in another thread he said he went to a Grizzly store.

what grizzly experience? A bear

LMAO….No silly, in another thread he said he went to a Grizzly store.

Haha Oops, Ah that makes sense so solly

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@cmeyer25 what grizzly experience? A bear
    Hope you are okay,
    The fence came out nicely, really like this build, it’s giving me ideas, especially since I am definitely not experienced in woodworking.

Haha, yeah, like @doobie said – I went to the Grizzly Tent Sale this last weekend.

And thanks! I would love to see whatever you decide to do with your own set up too. Can never have too many ideas IMO.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I finished my router fence this morning! Fits perfectly on the table saw fence with a couple little stops to keep it in place and then slides from about 26.5” out up to 1” past center on my router. Built in dust collection channel behind the fence with a port specific to my small diameter hose. I think it’s got everything I could think of!

Looks like a really good setup for the router. Dust collection is so important with routers. They can mess up a shop really quickly.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dust collection is so important with routers. They can mess up a shop really quickly.

They really do. I use my router outside or the whole shop would be filled with dust.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Dust collection is so important with routers. They can mess up a shop really quickly.

They really do. I use my router outside or the whole shop would be filled with dust.

Using them outside is good idea. I enjoy working outside. But with my basement shop it isn’t easy.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

yellaD
    Pro

I really like the placement of the router fence and table saw on the work bench.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s really looking good cmeyer25.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Nice logical placement, keep posting.

Will

Doobie

Is this done, or is it on hold for now Charlie?

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.468 seconds