dcsimg

Shop Dedicated Drill Storage and Battery Charging Stations.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This finally happened for me. I finally have a much more decent place to put the majority of my drills and various charging bases.

The bottom pics are what was there before and the area cleared out of it ready for the new set up.

I nice set you have there. I need to do something like this also. I need to have the cordless tools and batteries all one location. Not all over the place.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I have long considered putting a kill switch somewhere for my whole garage shop – considering how well Lithium-ion batteries handle charging without being fully depleted, and considering how fast a charge they get, I wonder if that isnt the solution to avoid running the chargers all the time. Just kill power to the garage when Im not in it for a while (and leave it running after a day where a lot of work happened)

Doobie

I have long considered putting a kill switch somewhere for my whole garage shop – considering how well Lithium-ion batteries handle charging without being fully depleted, and considering how fast a charge they get, I wonder if that isnt the solution to avoid running the chargers all the time. Just kill power to the garage when Im not in it for a while (and leave it running after a day where a lot of work happened)

I have my Bosch chargers on a timer I bought at Lowes that offers one, two, or three hours. It was like 10 bucks.

Doobie

Looks good Kevin, but really you need to let loose of some of those drills. Donate them to someone needy.

I already have given away some of my older nicads actually. Some went to Goodwill too.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I need to have the cordless tools and batteries all one location. Not all over the place.

It really helps when you finally do it. I also had a bunch of chargers anywhere there was a plug but finally found a space for both car and tool batteries to be charged and stored.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have my Bosch chargers on a timer I bought at Lowes that offers one, two, or three hours. It was like 10 bucks.

The obvious simple solution. I always over engineer

I need to have the cordless tools and batteries all one location. Not all over the place.

It really helps when you finally do it. I also had a bunch of chargers anywhere there was a plug but finally found a space for both car and tool batteries to be charged and stored.

I like having a few chargers, I keep one set in the garage, and another in the pool shed in the summer, beats running into the garage if I need to put some batteries on the charge.
    And now that I have those FL12’S and the new GLI18V420B I will find a place in the house for a 18 volt and 12 volt charger also, and even keep one of each lights in the house.
    But the drills stay usually in the garage

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I was thinking of building something like this, but on a slightly bigger scale.

http://www.hertoolbelt.com/cordless-drill-storage-charging-station/

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I was thinking of building something like this, but on a slightly bigger scale.

http://www.hertoolbelt.com/cordless-drill-storage-charging-station/

yah I have seen this set up and it looks good to me, you will have access it which ever drill you need.

Clev08
    Pro

I keep two chargers right by the door to my shop so I can easily access them and rotate batteries if I need to. I also keep a charger in each of my tool cases for jobsite use.

Attachments:
    Doobie

The obvious simple solution. I always over engineer

I was gonna have dedicated switchable outlets and then I realized a much easier solution. Finding that type of egg type timer was the hardest part. HD or CT only had the clock style which would have been somewhat useless for this application. I just had noticed that with the exception of the 18V fast chargers, the chargers stay on and hiss all the time. I didn’t like that.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I keep two chargers right by the door to my shop so I can easily access them and rotate batteries if I need to. I also keep a charger in each of my tool cases for jobsite use.

We rarely use a charger on site. I have about ten chargers lined up in my garage just a few feet from where I get in/out of the truck. On Friday, we went through about 8 or 9 batteries, as we were cordless for 2 out of the 3 jobs we were on.

Doobie

surprised you don’t have something like the pvc tube set up , will make grabbing the exact drill you want a little easier.

I had contemplated that at one point, but there were mutiple issues with that. Having so many diferent drills with all sorts of different barrel heads would have made it hard to fit them. They’d almost all have to be custom sized for each specific drill. But there was an even bigger problem that killed that idea, it’s where the reverse/forward switch is typically located on the Bosch drills. Take a good look at the dimensions of the barrels body, where the switch is, it’s center of balance, and then try to envision any kind of hanging cradle setup whether it be using a wood built one, or pvc tubing. It just wouldn’t work for a lot of them and/or be a major fine tuning effort to get them to fit properly. I liked the idea at first, but it would have been more trouble than it was worth and may have in fact been real finicky for reinserting a drill back into its dedicated cradle or hanger.

At the end of the day, it just seemed a lot easier to have them on a shelf. I can see what drill I am looking at better than if it was shrouded in a cradle, and move them around as I pleased.

I am assuming the ones in the back of the cupboard there are duplicates?

Some are. Some are simply drills I would only use occasionally lile the drywall and half inch socket ready wrench. In the shop, I only tend to use my 12V impacts if I need an impact, the 18v ones are for reno/construction tasks, so unless I have something like that going on, they can just in the back like they are now.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

That’s quite a smart idea. But for that you also gotta know how long which battery might take to charge. But most are fully charged after 1h or 1.5 hours.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thanks Ebooo. I had been over-thinking it for a looong time.

Over think it can really slow me down at times.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@Doobie you are right about the placement of the forward/reverse button, I will pick up a pvc pipe and cut it and see how it will affect it, once my 3d printer lands, i’ll see if i can print something like a holster with @kswiss help and knowledge.

Doobie

That’s quite a smart idea. But for that you also gotta know how long which battery might take to charge. But most are fully charged after 1h or 1.5 hours.

I go with the 2 hr option all the time.

I do not keep my fast charger(s) on the timer. I use the reg chargers as a first option and the fast chargers only when needed. I’m of the belief that fast charging eats a bit into battery lifespan. The fast chargers also don’t constantly sound like they are powered and hiss all the time being simply plugged in.

Clev08
    Pro

We rarely use a charger on site. I have about ten chargers lined up in my garage just a few feet from where I get in/out of the truck. On Friday, we went through about 8 or 9 batteries, as we were cordless for 2 out of the 3 jobs we were on.

I don’t use them much either but sometimes it’s easier to grab the charger out of my case than go back to my car to get another battery.mand I can keep my batteries charged so at night I don’t have to bring them inside to charge them up as often.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I go with the 2 hr option all the time.

I do not keep my fast charger(s) on the timer. I use the reg chargers as a first option and the fast chargers only when needed. I’m of the belief that fast charging eats a bit into battery lifespan. The fast chargers also don’t constantly sound like they are powered and hiss all the time being simply plugged in.

Yes it can be true with the lifespan of the battery. I only have one fast charger and that’s the BC3680, a combination of 18V and 36V fast charger.
    But I mainly use it for the 36V batteries…sometimes when I am short on battery juice I would also use it for the 18V batteries…
    But the trick with the timmer I have to keep in mind when I build my station.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Kevin I like the timer idea as well. Makes it nice to set and then forget.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.380 seconds