dcsimg

shop built Jigs and templates

• This topic has 139 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by RonW.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Well added another to the lineup. A thin rip jig

I really like that design. Hope you don’t mind if I copy it. Thanks for sharing.

have at it, I stole it from woodsmith. I plan on putting a rule on the slide at some point and a reference line

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Well added another to the lineup. A thin rip jig. I want to add a rule of some kind yet so I dont have to measure each time. Maybe once my next tape breaks ill use a section. This along with some spark plus feeler gauges and I can check alignment of the blade and the fence

Nice work on the jig. Nice being able to keep the thin cuts on the left side of the blade.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

We’re currently working on building two cupolas that have a complex design. Each cupola has 3 layers of eaves in an octagon shape. The eaves will have cedar shakes as shingles. They obviously need to be cut to fit the corners, all 48 corners. I don’t know the exact number but over 300 shakes need to cut to fit the corners. I need lefts and rights with a 20 degree angle and 15 degree bevel.

This jig is set at 20 degrees and the saw is a 15 degree bevel. Put the shake in the jig bottom toward you for a right; turn the shake around to cut a left.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We’re currently working on building two cupolas that have a complex design.

That’s a very nice shingle jig, that cupola you’re working on is super over the top. We built one a few months back but the roofers did the shingles.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well added another to the lineup. A thin rip jig. I want to add a rule of some kind yet so I dont have to measure each time. Maybe once my next tape breaks ill use a section. This along with some spark plus feeler gauges and I can check alignment of the blade and the fence

you could always add one of those adhesive rulers like this
    http://www.busybeetools.com/products/measuring-tape-12ft-self-adhesive-l-r-rdng.html

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That is a cool one. I have seen one similar before but it had a bearing on it for the wood to ride against instead of the screw, but that takes away the “micro adjust” feature that the screw gives you.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

We’re currently working on building two cupolas that have a complex design. Each cupola has 3 layers of eaves in an octagon shape. The eaves will have cedar shakes as shingles. They obviously need to be cut to fit the corners, all 48 corners. I don’t know the exact number but over 300 shakes need to cut to fit the corners. I need lefts and rights with a 20 degree angle and 15 degree bevel.

This jig is set at 20 degrees and the saw is a 15 degree bevel. Put the shake in the jig bottom toward you for a right; turn the shake around to cut a left.

My favourite kind of jig; simple and effective. Really good looking project, love the copper flashing! Not many care to take the time and spend the money for copper anymore.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We’re currently working on building two cupolas that have a complex design. Each cupola has 3 layers of eaves in an octagon shape.

Nice work on the cupola. Looks like a great design.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Those look really nice. I was gonna add a cupola to a shed I’m building, but they said it would go over the overall height allowed, so I decided to omit it rather than make the shed lower and not have an upper storage loft otherwise.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Those look really nice. I was gonna add a cupola to a shed I’m building, but they said it would go over the overall height allowed, so I decided to omit it rather than make the shed lower and not have an upper storage loft otherwise.

Why not just have it sticking out the side on a 45º angle??

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

lol yeah, that would give the neighbours something else to get their knickers in a twist about.

lol yeah, that would give the neighbours something else to get their knickers in a twist about.

Gonna happen anyways, may as well make it a game

Doobie

It’s now likely changing from a game to a war. I’ve gotten to the point that after repeated attacks the past few years that I’m insensed with rage and not sure I can hold back much longer with them. Not good. 😠

I genuinely hate them! 😬

EDIT: Sorry…need to vent! 😣

It’s now likely changing from a game to a war. I’ve gotten to the point that after repeated attacks the past few years that I’m insensed with rage and not sure I can hold back much longer with them. Not good. 😠

I genuinely hate them! 😬

I get that, I really do. Ive had terrible neighbours in the past and am lucky right now

Just remember, take the high road. Then, when they aren’t home, salt their entire property and chlorinate their garden…. Or, take a deep breath and vent to us until you feel better 🙂

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If it exceeds the height it exceeds the height, you had two choices, with cupola or a taller shed, you choose what was important to you based on the regs. Not fun but that is the way it is. Look at this way if your current neighbor does not complain and you built the cupola, the next neighbor may not like it and may have made you tear it down to be in compliance.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I genuinely hate them! 😬

I get that, I really do. Ive had terrible neighbours in the past and am lucky right now

Just remember, take the high road. Then, when they aren’t home, salt their entire property and chlorinate their garden…. Or, take a deep breath and vent to us until you feel better 🙂

this is the reason why i want to buy a piece of land where i have to drive 5 mins before i see anyone else.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I genuinely hate them! 😬

this is the reason why i want to buy a piece of land where i have to drive 5 mins before i see anyone else.

There is a lot of comfort in not having neighbours nearby. Our home up north was 1/2 mile from the nearest neighbour. Still possible to do up there but it’s 7 hours north of Toronto at least. Quite a trade-off.

This is what I had to look at out the kitchen window.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

SS fantastic view. That is nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I genuinely hate them! 😬

I’ll go with the venting option. Sabotaging their property is not something I would do. That’s criminal.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

There is a lot of comfort in not having neighbours nearby. Our home up north was 1/2 mile from the nearest neighbour. Still possible to do up there but it’s 7 hours north of Toronto at least. Quite a trade-off.

Nice view! But have to ask where are the trees??? lol

Nothing like living in the country. I wouldn’t trade it for anything at this point in life.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.418 seconds