dcsimg

shop built Jigs and templates

• This topic has 139 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by RonW.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 140 total)
  • Author

@ChadM The door holding jigs look very nice and would definitely make it easy to do a lot of doors.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Chad that jig looks really nice. That is a great set up for a repetitive job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Here are the jigs I have for working doors – they are pretty basic but they work well. I used to have leather patches on the bottom rests but they wore out and I have never got around to replacing them. I need to modify them to work on my DeWalt sawhorses since I rarely carry the fold up aluminum ones anymore.

A friend of mine is a full time trimmer and he has a few nice jigs for holding the doors and for machining the doors . It saves him a ton of time .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are the jigs I have for working doors – they are pretty basic but they work well. I used to have leather patches on the bottom rests but they wore out and I have never got around to replacing them. I need to modify them to work on my DeWalt sawhorses since I rarely carry the fold up aluminum ones anymore.

These are really nice ChadM. Looks very functional and simple.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

A friend of mine is a full time trimmer and he has a few nice jigs for holding the doors and for machining the doors . It saves him a ton of time .

The jig does make it easy – drop it in and clamp it, route the hinges, flip the door, route the latch mortise, bore the hole and done. The worst part was taking off those stupid stickers on the door – I hate those things, stickers on materials is one of my big pet peeves!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Doobie

This stuff from LV is my go to sticker/stain/residue removal product. Been using it for years over ten years at least.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?p=69651&cat=2,42194,40727,69651

Sometimes you have to apply, leave on for 5 minutes, and then it just comes off eazy peazy.

Per their product page on the LV website….

Made from citrus extracts, this concentrated biodegradable cleaner dissolves stuck-on gum and tar, and removes stains left by grease, oil, ink and lipstick, to mention only a few.
    Useful for removing label and sticker glues (great when removing price tags from presents), as well as pine sap or bugs from a windshield.

While some natural cleaning products are more well-intentioned than effective, this one really works. It even has a pleasant citrus scent. Can be diluted with water for lighter duties or used undiluted for heavier applications.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here’s a handy jig to save time reloading 5.56 rounds in magazines. Not mine but I may get one.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=882181601804865&pnref=story

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That jig is genius @theamcguy Too bad we Canadians get our mags neutered to 5 rounds.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Man, I just ran across this list of jigs submitted to Highland Woodworking, and there are some interesting ideas worth looking at there:

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/jigcontestgallery.html

John S

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Here’s a handy jig to save time reloading 5.56 rounds in magazines. Not mine but I may get one.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=882181601804865&pnref=story

I saw that jig on fb this morning, I thought I saw one for AK banana magazines too.

That jig is genius @theamcguy Too bad we Canadians get our mags neutered to 5 rounds.

5 rounds?! Is that max capacity for anything?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Just center fire rifles.

.22 rimfire can be anything

handguns mags limited to 10 rounds.

But here is were it gets goofy, if you have a mag designed for a hand gun, and it happens to fit in a rifle, you’re OK. As long as it wasn’t “designed” for the rifle. So we can use LAR15 mags (10 rounds) in an AR15. And if someone makes a “kit” for a 9mm conversion then you can use glock mags etc.

Man, I just ran across this list of jigs submitted to Highland Woodworking,

That’s a good find. Is the ron paulk website? I think I saw he is having a jig contest.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Just center fire rifles.

But here is were it gets goofy, if you have a mag designed for a hand gun, and it happens to fit in a rifle, you’re OK. As long as it wasn’t “designed” for the rifle. So we can use LAR15 mags (10 rounds) in an AR15. And if someone makes a “kit” for a 9mm conversion then you can use glock mags etc.

Man, I just ran across this list of jigs submitted to Highland Woodworking,

That’s a good find. Is the ron paulk website? I think I saw he is having a jig contest.

Things are heading that way in the states. There are new laws popping up all the time to limit firearms.

I have a CZ 75B-P01 with a 14+1 capacity….just in case I “miss”.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Just center fire rifles.

Yeah, that is goofy. My highest capacity magazine is a 50 round drum for my AK.

Man, I just ran across this list of jigs submitted to Highland Woodworking, and there are some interesting ideas worth looking at there:

There are a lot of nice jigs on that link, thanks John!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

That’s a lot of jigs on the Highland Woodworking site. Thanks for sharing Supimeister. Too bad they didn’t include a pdf with more detail on each jig including plans.

Doobie

I like the first one listed for making arcs on the bandsaw. I’ll be needing that one in the not too distant future.

jiminmi
    Pro
    Shelby Township, MI

I make all kinds of jigs. Here I show how to make American Logs, or Lincoln Logs.

Check out my YouTube channel at: www.youtube.com/channel/UC0_hiu0q4bHnGHtiJcG4sDw

Doobie

I make all kinds of jigs. Here I show how to make American Logs, or Lincoln Logs.

Yourself and @cranbrook2 would have something in common. He makes “Extreme Birdhouses” in somewhat a similar way.

This is John’s website:

http://www.extremebirdhouse.com/

jiminmi
    Pro
    Shelby Township, MI

Yourself and @cranbrook2 would have something in common. He makes “Extreme Birdhouses” in somewhat a similar way.

This is John’s website:

http://www.extremebirdhouse.com/

I know John. I’ve built one of his birdhouses,

Check out my YouTube channel at: www.youtube.com/channel/UC0_hiu0q4bHnGHtiJcG4sDw

Attachments:
    Doobie

I know John. I’ve built one of his birdhouses,

Kinda had a feeling you may know him, but wasn’t sure.

Is it John that encouraged your joining us here? He’s the one who thankfully led me here.

Btw, nice birdhouse Jim!

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have a stair tread jig which doesnt get used all too often as we typically bring in a stair guy. i do need to make a new door hinge mortisign jig though.. i had one a few years ago that got damaged and never bother making a new one… i build 90% of the jambs for the doors i hang anyway

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.743 seconds