dcsimg

Sherwin-Williams buys Valsper

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Never knew that Valspar was that big of a brand. Anytime I see a price tag in the billions, it is pretty hard to fathom.

Valspar had a good reputation. Weren’t they big into marine finishes?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

The Sherwin Williams paint I have seen at Lowes has a different name, and in smaller letters says “by Sherwin Williams”. I always thought it was something made specially for Lowe’s.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Sherwin Williams paint I have seen at Lowes has a different name, and in smaller letters says “by Sherwin Williams”. I always thought it was something made specially for Lowe’s.

Lots of paint companies make paints for other labels big box stores etc. Everything is priced according to the recipe of the product produced.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lots of paint companies make paints for other labels big box stores etc. Everything is priced according to the recipe of the product produced.

I think this deal will put a hurt on Benjamin Moore paints and lesser known national brands . Paint prices will surely go up

Always willing to learn .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Never knew that Valspar was that big of a brand. Anytime I see a price tag in the billions, it is pretty hard to fathom.

Valspar had a good reputation. Weren’t they big into marine finishes?

Probably where the “spar” in valspar comes.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think this deal will put a hurt on Benjamin Moore paints and lesser known national brands . Paint prices will surely go up

That is usually the result of consolidation in any industry. The fewer players the higher the price.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I used some Valsper paint on some items for my wife for her wrath projects . Boy did I have problems with bubbleing up of the surface . Before and after the coat . They are cut out letters from a local store . They were spray paint cans I got on clearance section .

Not sure if it’s the cheap made plywood to make up the letter or the spary paint . I didn’t take any pictures of my problem . Has anyone come Arica it with aerosol cans .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.321 seconds