dcsimg

Setting Up My Pickup For A Slide In Camper

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you get to the scales yesterday @Dabbs . Or got side track with something else going on .

@Skillman Actually I weighed it the day before, Sorry I forgot to post a report. It was a little more………. No, it was a LOT more then I had hoped LOL Ughh!! I think their scale was wrong, Ok probably not 🙂 …….

The gvw was 10,200lbs..I was thinking my truck alone weighed 6,800lbs once over there, But if it’s right that would make the camper weigh 3,400lbs. NOT the 2,600lbs that the book says, But the good news is I also got just a rear axle weight reading too of 6,100lbs. Doing the math makes the front axle weight 4,100lbs, According to what I’ve read on the truck and my tire load ratings it can take up to 6,830lbs rear axle and 4,800lbs at the front. So, I’m still ok with it as of right now.

But LOL, It’ll get interesting again when I add 900lbs of tongue weight to a 3 foot hitch extension with my trailer. That’ll put the rear at least 170lbs over at 7,000lbs…However LOL, Adding the weight distribution hitch on the end of the extension should easily take more than that off and add it to the front axle. Hope that made sense 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Btw, Here’s a pic of the inside I took the other day. Just happened to have an extra tv that I wasn’t using, It has a built-in dvd player too. Although it’s not ac/dc but I added an inverter for it, And I bought a bar stool swivel plate that I’m going to mount it down with. That way it’ll rotate either way And be tied down for traveling

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Btw, Here’s a pic of the inside I took the other day. Just happened to have an extra tv that I wasn’t using, It has a built-in dvd player too. Although it’s not ac/dc but I added an inverter for it, And I bought a bar stool swivel plate that I’m going to mount it down with. That way it’ll rotate either way And be tied down for traveling

Hey, that is no woodworking show I am familiar with on that TV….come on dude!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I don’t have a satellite on it, that’s regular antenna and you get what you get LOL. I use it mainly just for noise anyway

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Wow it looks brand new inside Dabbs.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks nice inside Boyd. Planning on traveling or just going up to the summer camp site?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow it looks brand new inside Dabbs.

Yeah it is pretty clean, think I’m going to eliminate the mini blinds and put curtains in there instead. I also replaced all the table and cabinet edging, I used that wood edge banding on the tables and the plastic T molding on the counter tops

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks nice inside Boyd. Planning on traveling or just going up to the summer camp site?

I don’t plan on doing much long distance traveling with it, Of course ya never know but I’d rather have a real motorhome for that. I will take it up to camp just to use up in the higher country from there for a few days at a time, and out on the desert from here. I think it might come into play for bowling night too as an anti DUI and after hours party rig 🙂

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Looks nice enough to live in! You should really enjoy that set up. Just don’t blow a air bag! lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

Or a tire, I’m already worried a little about either one.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Is there not a 5th wheel mounting that is flush to the bed and would eliminate the need for the plywood? Seems to me I saw something like that on one of my car programs somewhere.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Thanks for posting the information makes since . Did you go with a full tank of gas too lol for weigh in . Inside is super clean to .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there not a 5th wheel mounting that is flush to the bed and would eliminate the need for the plywood? Seems to me I saw something like that on one of my car programs somewhere.

I don’t know of one that can hide the fifth wheel mounting rail system, I have seen a flip over ball system that is flush to the bed. That’s what they call a gooseneck style hitch. Very common for horse trailers, there is a fairly simple conversion kit for most fifth-wheel campers to gooseneck style hitch.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for posting the information makes since . Did you go with a full tank of gas too lol for weigh in . Inside is super clean to .

Actually yes I did, probably had 33 gallons…Clean yes, but found out the other night the bed needs to be replaced, more $$$ lol

Clev08
    Pro

Looks quite spacious for sliding in the bed of a pickup. I wouldn’t mind having a camper like that.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I think it might come into play for bowling night too as an anti DUI and after hours party rig

That will definitely be a good use for the camper. As long as nobody wants to do an after hour beer run. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Keep the rear tires inflated for max load.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it might come into play for bowling night too as an anti DUI and after hours party rig

That will definitely be a good use for the camper. As long as nobody wants to do an after hour beer run. lol

No problem, I’m friends with the owner of the place and he lives right there on the property. It would be an after hours beer walk and knock on his door LOL

Anonymous
    Inactive

Keep the rear tires inflated for max load.

Yes Indeed! They’re load range E and I always pump them up to the max of 80 psi whenever I tow my boat or trailers, I do bring em down to about 55 when I’m light and the airbags down to 10psi. Otherwise the ride is horribly stiff

Man that looks great inside. I see and excuse for a bigger truck.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.760 seconds