dcsimg

Sets or individuals?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

I buy drill bits in sets except for replacement bits of more expensive ones. Router bits individually as I need them. Jigsaw blades in packs with all the same blades in it. OMT blades usually individually as I need them. Driver bits usually in packs.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

What the hell are you drilling Aaron? Letting us know that and might help you better.

Frank! What is your SIL up to now?

It’s like he has a secret lab in his shop and always up to no good. He He

@r-ice,
    I hope you are taking your time drilling through the hardened steel and not trying to power drill through it?

lol i am going to have to buy a lab coat and also build one of those bubbling beaker sets with lights heh. All I am drilling is carbon steel and stainless steel. I use either when I am making knives and usually I just drill during the annealed stage as it makes more sense but occasionally i realized I missed a hole or just want to change it up to add a few holes after. So that is why I want some HSS drill bits to make it easier to sharpen as black oxide, ti, cobolt you can’t sharpen.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

What the hell are you drilling Aaron? Letting us know that and might help you better.

@r-ice,
    I hope you are taking your time drilling through the hardened steel and not trying to power drill through it?

lol i am going to have to buy a lab coat and also build one of those bubbling beaker sets with lights heh. All I am drilling is carbon steel and stainless steel. I use either when I am making knives and usually I just drill during the annealed stage as it makes more sense but occasionally i realized I missed a hole or just want to change it up to add a few holes after. So that is why I want some HSS drill bits to make it easier to sharpen as black oxide, ti, cobolt you can’t sharpen.

Don’t forget the evil scientist goggles.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

@r-ice,

Don’t forget the evil scientists goggles. 😀
    http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=70788&cat=1,42207,42216

This is why i buy sets like these when i come across them. Granted not the best bits made, but for $4.50 on clearance it stocked me up on the fragile smaller bits

Yep stocking on bits that cheap just makes sense. You can’t beat the price and the you’re right the fragile bits always are breaking.

I have been pretty lucky, I have been able to restock my bits from work,
    And the last class over years I bought the Bosch black oxide, the cobalt, and the titanium bits. Mu bethepro.com quality, they last and last imo

The only bit that gave me problems was the 5/32 cement bit that came with the Bosch anchor drive system, looks like the hardened tip let go , forgot what I do drilling with this,

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Id like to get a couple of those kits yet. I love a good case

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Sets all the way,, sets all the way. sometimes the bigger the better and then others the smaller the better.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Attachments:
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I buy in sets , singles and in bulk when possible .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

sometimes the bigger the better

Yup sets!!!

Dirty

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

This is why i buy sets like these when i come across them. Granted not the best bits made, but for $4.50 on clearance it stocked me up on the fragile smaller bits

Yep stocking on bits that cheap just makes sense. You can’t beat the price and the you’re right the fragile bits always are breaking.

And the last class over years I bought the Bosch black oxide, the cobalt, and the titanium bits. Mu bethepro.com quality, they last and last imo

The only bit that gave me problems was the 5/32 cement bit that came with the Bosch anchor drive system, looks like the hardened tip let go , forgot what I do drilling with this,

Those aren’t bad but i’d rather have hss, its just on the fact you can sharpen them, i can’t be bothered running to the store to replace them lol.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sets all the way,, sets all the way. sometimes the bigger the better and then others the smaller the better.

Man Dirty that is a beast of a circular saw. Definitely need your Wheaties to wield that one around.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yellaD
    Pro

That is a kicka$$ saw!! How often do you get to use it? Is there a lot of kickback?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man Dirty that is a beast of a circular saw. Definitely need your Wheaties to wield that one around.

Yea it kinda sucks for over head cuts LOL!!

Dirty

Doobie

Papa bear and baby bear. Looks kinda cute.

Found that 16in saw finally.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1000776297.html

Weighs 50lbs. Not for girlie-men, that’s for sure.

Those aren’t bad but i’d rather have hss, its just on the fact you can sharpen them, i can’t be bothered running to the store to replace them lol.

Well don’t know if you noticed, but they do sell sets, and individuals, so you can buy more individuals of the ones you use more, because I can’t be bothered with sharpening 😉

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well don’t know if you noticed, but they do sell sets, and individuals, so you can buy more individuals of the ones you use more, because I can’t be bothered with sharpening 😉

There is that lol, I just like having them on hand. specially the smaller bits as I’ve somehow snapped them while using them. Perhaps I’ll have to give the bosch ones a go as I have a few metal projects coming up as well.

yellaD
    Pro

I’m going to buy a set of abrasives and a single chisel. Some might do it the other way around! 🙂

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m going to buy a set of abrasives and a single chisel. Some might do it the other way around! :)

What do you mean a set of abrasives?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yellaD
    Pro

I’m going to buy a set of abrasives and a single chisel. Some might do it the other way around! :)

I was thinking this set
    http://festoolshop.ca/PL2SK-D6-15/

Doobie

I was thinking this set
    http://festoolshop.ca/PL2SK-D6-15/

Buddy of mine used those on wood to seal the wood and give it a glass like finish.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.560 seconds