dcsimg

Seating in the shop

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve got a few in mine, Two office desk chairs mostly for breaks. Two bar stools for up at a bench, And one of those short adjustable height Dr chairs. It swivels and is on wheels with hydraulic height adjust with no back rest, I probably use that one the most.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I keep a couple folding chairs in my shop just in case I need to sit down for a bit and rest my legs .

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Maybe I’m overthinking it, but I was planning on building one. By the time I buy decent lumber and castors, I’m sure it will be more expensive anyway…still, it would be a fun project to take on.

I have a short stool and a bar stool that I rarely use, and in the garage I have a short adjustable one on casters that gets used more often. Never gave any thought to building one so would like to see what you come up with for your build. Have you thought about building some storage into it ?

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I have a Craftsman Mechanic’s Stool. I love it. It’s pneumatic, adjustable from 14 inches to 19 inches. I like that it has storage beneath the seat. It’s great for when you need something short.

Pat

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have a Craftsman Mechanic’s Stool. I love it. It’s pneumatic, adjustable from 14 inches to 19 inches.

That’s a nice stool for working on low items. Adjustable is nice too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Maybe I’m overthinking it, but I was planning on building one. By the time I buy decent lumber and castors, I’m sure it will be more expensive anyway…still, it would be a fun project to take on.

I have a short stool and a bar stool that I rarely use, and in the garage I have a short adjustable one on casters that gets used more often. Never gave any thought to building one so would like to see what you come up with for your build. Have you thought about building some storage into it ?

Storage? No, but it’s an interesting thought. I’m not sure what I’d want to store in a stool, maybe pencils and a tape…things you Always need at hand.

As far as a specific design…I haven’t found anything I’m ready to build just yet.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

redwood
    Pro

I just got the Bessey stool, free with the purchase of some clamps. Height adjustable, but doesn’t have wheels. Most of the projects I do, I need to stand and move around anyways.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

yellaD
    Pro

I had a stool in the garage but I never used it. I just pushed it out of the way all the time…or put stuff on, lol.
    Mark E., that’s a great Bonus! Looks sharp and well made too.

yellaD
    Pro

I want to make something loosely based on this one the drunken wood worker does.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/wv8DbJ8mkzY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    I have some extra ply that I want to try.

I would make a tool tray under it, or tool mesh basket or something. Instead of just open-ness underneath.

lulu
    Pro

this is what i use. i like it bc i can adjust it and i can move about the garage. all it is is a office chair wthout the back. work really well. heres a couple photos.

Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
    Michael Angelo

I have one of the low rolling mechanics stools, and an old, old metal chair of my grandfather’s but I would like an adjustable height stool like a drafting stool, so I could sit at my tall bench occasionally.

Will

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I have a Craftsman Mechanic’s Stool. I love it. It’s pneumatic, adjustable from 14 inches to 19 inches. I like that it has storage beneath the seat. It’s great for when you need something short.

Same identical stool I have. Under $20 at HF when I got mine.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

@Sprokitz: I got mine at Ace Hardware for just under $20, too. Mine has a black seat and black wheels, which I prefer. It’s perfect for me for what I do. I just built some more sliding shelves for my kitchen cabinets and this stool served me well. I was able to set my tools and screws on the tray beneath the seat where they were all in easy reach.

Pat

Doobie

I just got the Bessey stool, free with the purchase of some clamps.

That’s a nice incentive.

Most of the projects I do, I need to stand and move around anyways.

Same here. I sit and do my pondering outside the shop generally. My shop stool hasn’t been in the shop in a long time.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Old wooden IKEA chair works for me, a bit uncomfortable after a while though.

JackR
    Pro

I think an adjustable height stool is the way to go. I don’t see a need for wheels

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think an adjustable height stool is the way to go. I don’t see a need for wheels

I can’t be bothered with wheels on the one i am going to make. I think i will attempted the plywood one, once i get my new colt router in the shop.

I have a low bar stool that I like to use in the shop. I put an office chair in there to get it out of the house and I am not fond of it. It has to go. For sitting around I have found that my saw benches work great, but that would make sense because they are designed to be knee height, which is the same height as comfortable seating.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I don’t have a stool but I do want something to sit on. Although i feel that if I had a chair I’d spend more time sitting than working on my projects. ibuildit.ca which is John Heisz has a good video for an OSB stool he made. Look him up on Youtube as well. Great videos

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Same identical stool I have. Under $20 at HF when I got mine.

I have this stool also. It worked great when I was building jewelry display cases for a big chain of stores. Some of the cases were 40′ long and had a lot of hardware to install. I would put the hardware on the base and scoot along installing . It also worked great when laminating the faces of the cabinets. Now I use it when I wax the sides of the truck. I did flip it over a few times though! It wasn’t a pretty sight! lol

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.413 seconds