dcsimg

Sears – Business Updates

This topic contains 218 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  Sorpa 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 219 total)
  • Author

Really! Sears is still around? 😮

Until July 7, 2017 (the craftsman sale will just about get them there at the rate of haemorrhage)

Thats when Fast Eddie can call bankruptcy without going to jail for having sold himself their real estate holdings instead of keeping them for creditors

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I had heard that Stanley brand was interested or in the process of buying the craftsman brand.

Stanley did buy Craftsman and Sears will continue to sell the tools.

Yup, and the only thing is that Sears won’t have to pay the royalty on Craftsman sold at Sears – part of the sale price

Will there be any sales or anything on craftsman tools? I wouldn’t mind buying some more sockets and wrenches. thats pretty much all they are good for now.

I had heard that Stanley brand was interested or in the process of buying the craftsman brand.

Yup, and the only thing is that Sears won’t have to pay the royalty on Craftsman sold at Sears – part of the sale price

Will there be any sales or anything on craftsman tools? I wouldn’t mind buying some more sockets and wrenches. thats pretty much all they are good for now.

Just like anything else at Sears, if it is inventory, they will try to sell it off when it all starts to circle the drain. But they have been moving away from in store inventory so there may not be much to clearance

Man, I need to get in on this racket.

Illegally (allegedly) make hundreds of millions by screwing your company and employees, them pay a tens of millions of dollar fine and admit no wrongdoing

http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-ceo-will-pay-40-million-to-settle-shareholder-lawsuit-2017-2?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

The penalty for wrongdoing is less than the benefit

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Illegally (allegedly) make hundreds of millions by screwing your company and employees, them pay a tens of millions of dollar fine and admit no wrongdoing

http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-ceo-will-pay-40-million-to-settle-shareholder-lawsuit-2017-2?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Why does that not surprise me at all?

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

It’s amazing how much of these types of crimes go on yearly and rarely get caught.

Just like anything else at Sears, if it is inventory, they will try to sell it off when it all starts to circle the drain. But they have been moving away from in store inventory so there may not be much to clearance

It is weird how little they seem to have in store when I go there. Short shelving units that are not very full. Home Depot and Lowes have 3 or 4 level tall units packed with tools. The ordering online at Sears is nice though with their quick pickup guaranteed in 5 minutes.

It is weird how little they seem to have in store when I go there. Short shelving units that are not very full. Home Depot and Lowes have 3 or 4 level tall units packed with tools. The ordering online at Sears is nice though with their quick pickup guaranteed in 5 minutes.

Shame it is too little too late

They should have been Amazon before amazon was even an idea. They had the entire logistics chain set up with the catalog business and the brand reputation to encourage people to use their credit card online or over the phone. All they would have had to do was set up online ordering. Fulfillment is the hard part of online stores, amd they already had that part established

I had a house full of Kenmore appliances, including the vacuum cleaner. I even had the service agreement that I paid for. On the first year I sent the vacuum in for it’s free service and it took over 2 weeks and they didn’t even wipe it off. Other problems with their appliances, like the fridge and washer were ignored and the service department continually gave me the run around. Suffice it to say that there are no more Kenmore appliances in the house and we rarely go into the store as they just carry the same stuff everyone else does at a higher cost.

I remember my mom getting a new washing machine sent out for free as she kept up her service agreement and after 25 years they just replaced it. I also remember the Sears Wearmaster shirts that lasted for decades and were always comfortable and fit well. Those days are long past now. Craftsman tools used to be nice, but that has been sold off now (to Stanley I think). Guaranteed for life and no hassle replacement. Again, gone the way of the dinosaur. They got involved in a race to the bottom, and succeeded in that.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I had a house full of Kenmore appliances, including the vacuum cleaner. I even had the service agreement that I paid for. On the first year I sent the vacuum in for it’s free service and it took over 2 weeks and they didn’t even wipe it off. Other problems with their appliances, like the fridge and washer were ignored and the service department continually gave me the run around. Suffice it to say that there are no more Kenmore appliances in the house and we rarely go into the store as they just carry the same stuff everyone else does at a higher cost.

I remember my mom getting a new washing machine sent out for free as she kept up her service agreement and after 25 years they just replaced it. I also remember the Sears Wearmaster shirts that lasted for decades and were always comfortable and fit well. Those days are long past now. Craftsman tools used to be nice, but that has been sold off now (to Stanley I think). Guaranteed for life and no hassle replacement. Again, gone the way of the dinosaur. They got involved in a race to the bottom, and succeeded in that.

With a lot of things it seems to more important on quantity rather than quality of their products. Everything these days don’t hold up as well and it’s easier to buy another one rather than fix it/service it. Also I have notice customer service isn’t the same these days. Truly sad.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yah i agree @hojo04 i bet you sears currently line up of tools is like canadian tire, their mastercraft line. I found one of my screw drivers chipped and they replaced it with out a problem however i would’ve like a screwdriver that didn’t chip in the first place.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I can remember buying a lot of Craftsman tools. I used to always buy the 25′ tapes, as they would always replace it when it broke. Cats paws, framing squares, chalk lines, even some of their earlier cordless stuff. Those days are long gone. I can’t remember the last time I bought any tools from Sears, but I bet it was at least 15 years ago.

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

When I started in Carpentry, I would go to Sears every Friday night and buy a tool with some of the cash I made that week. It was my 4 year plan of how to equip my shop. It took several years before I could afford the table saw I wanted.
    It was a good habit and a good time in my life.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

As with all of our material acquisitions, tools fall into 3 main categories; the marquee brands: Veritas, Lie-Nielson, Festool and many others distinguished by quality build, performance and solid customer support. The second category would be the popular brands featuring “affordable quality” and decent service. The third is that huge mass of junk sold by those who have joined the race to the bottom.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell when a particular company makes the decision to cut quality and service and focus on sales for as long as they can ride the wave.

It would appear that Sears has made the choice.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

When I started in Carpentry, I would go to Sears every Friday night and buy a tool with some of the cash I made that week. It was my 4 year plan of how to equip my shop. It took several years before I could afford the table saw I wanted.

I was in there quite a bit too. I owned a Craftsman table saw for 18 years, but finally replaced about 5 years ago with a nicer Ridgid one. As for the appliances, I am not sure that I ever owned a Kenmore one. If I did, it was many many years ago and I bought it second hand.

I was in there quite a bit too. I owned a Craftsman table saw for 18 years, but finally replaced about 5 years ago with a nicer Ridgid one. As for the appliances, I am not sure that I ever owned a Kenmore one. If I did, it was many many years ago and I bought it second hand.

Cant pay me to go to sears now. Depressing

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Sears by my house was literally 3 minuets away in shopping mall also close down. It was good that it was nearby. Working on the cars you always need this odd tool and sears usually had it. They just couldn’t compete with online retailers. They try to catch up but it was to little to late.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well with the sale of Craftsman to Stanley Craftsman tools will be available in more locations. As far as Sears buying Kmart did not help. The market changed and they didn’t. It’s funny they were amazon long before amazon was around. They owned the catalog market but did not go back to it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

USA Today reporting that Sears is closing another 142 stores between the Sears and Kmart stores.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

USA Today reporting that Sears is closing another 142 stores between the Sears and Kmart stores.

All but one Sears has closed here and I’ll miss them when they are all gone,, K-Mart not so much.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.501 seconds