dcsimg

Sears – Business Updates

Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

For what it’s worth, there is a Walmart about a 1/2 hour from me. That’s really close for any major retailer. I shopped there once when I first moved here. Amongst the things that I bought was a dust mop. It broke on first use and I haven’t returned to Walmart since.

I do love Amazon though, but I’m not blind to their pricing. They also have items that are way over priced.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

I do love Amazon though, but I’m not blind to their pricing. They also have items that are way over priced.

Funny enough, my days of largely seeing Amazon as a price leader are over. I use them as an initial source ‘indicator’ on price research, but usually go a step deeper and search for more sources on price even when Amazon themselves are the primary seller and not an obvious conduit for a 3rd party seller.

Amazon is getting sneaky too, but that’s another story and the angsts I have shopping there are minor compared to how I see Walmart. Let’s just say Amazon is sneaky at times with price fluctuations where Walmart is just downright evil in the way they operate.

It won’t surprise me over time if Amazon gets even worse in my view. They’ve reached ’empire’ size, but they are still a useful seller in my shopping whereas Walmart has lost that status with me decades ago now for non staple goods.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Former Sears company sues ex-CEO Lampert, Treasury’s Steven Mnuchin over ‘asset stripping’

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/04/18/sears-lawsuit-eddie-lampert-esl-investments/3507382002/

They are just now getting around to realizing this? L O L !!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Former Sears company sues ex-CEO Lampert, Treasury’s Steven Mnuchin over ‘asset stripping’

At the time everyone knew this was what Lambert was doing. I wonder why it took Sears so long to figure it out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

At the time everyone knew this was what Lambert was doing. I wonder why it took Sears so long to figure it out.

I also saw that retirees were suing because they left the pension fund underfunded by about 330 million. This has resulted in reduced pensions and retirees having to go back to work to make ends meet.

I also saw that retirees were suing because they left the pension fund underfunded by about 330 million. This has resulted in reduced pensions and retirees having to go back to work to make ends meet.

I hadn’t seen that. I say let these guys that ran the company refund all their pay into the pension fund. That is just plain wrong!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I hadn’t seen that. I say let these guys that ran the company refund all their pay into the pension fund. That is just plain wrong!

That is what they are trying to do, is get back payments they made to themselves to fund the pensions so the government does not have to. If the government (the PBGC) takes it over they will all get a cut in benefits.

redwood
    Pro

What’s a pension and how do I get one?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

When you find out please PM me and let me know too… My knees are about done.. the pain is now unreal!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

When you find out please PM me and let me know too… My knees are about done.. the pain is now unreal!

I was there, Dirty, I have had both replaced. What a difference it makes. the pain is gone and I can do a lot more than I did when they were hurting bad. The only thing I avoid is kneeling as they do not recommend that. If I need to I keep a heavy pad to kneel on in my truck.

I was pretty young when I had the first done and will probably have to have it replaced again when I am in my 60’s. A small price to pay for being pain free.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s a real shame i just wonder why it took so long for people to see what was going on.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That’s a real shame i just wonder why it took so long for people to see what was going on.

It’s not about taking that long to see it’s rather choosing not to see for a certain period of time.

Doobie

There’s nothing you can do while a company is struggling. Even when a plan is left underfunded after a company bankruptcy, the pension is one of the last creditors to be paid typically.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

All this talk has got me thinking about a pension I will get from a place I worked at that closed 8 years ago. My pension is in a union pension fund. I could have taken it out and invested myself after I took my severance. I decided it would be best to leave where I couldn’t spend it. Then when 65 I will have alittle extra money coming in. I know I won’t be much. As long as nothing happen to the Union I should be alright.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

CB
    Pro

Maybe because the CEO of Sears at the time wouldn’t sue himself? What is even more alarming that the head of the US Treasury is also complicit in this.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That is what they are trying to do, is get back payments they made to themselves to fund the pensions so the government does not have to. If the government (the PBGC) takes it over they will all get a cut in benefits.

I’m in the same boat. Pension plan was underfunded, while big wigs gave themselves hugh raises and bonuses along with golden parachute bennies. I was eligible for a pension, not a full pension but nothing to sneeze at. When the place went backrupt, PBGC took over our pensions. Mine got wacked in half and I lost all bennies. I get less a month than I used to clear in a week

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Maybe because the CEO of Sears at the time wouldn’t sue himself? What is even more alarming that the head of the US Treasury is also complicit in this.

They were both college roommates at Yale. Go figure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I’m in the same boat. Pension plan was underfunded, while big wigs gave themselves huge raises and bonuses along with golden parachute bennies. I was eligible for a pension, not a full pension but nothing to sneeze at. When the place went backrupt, PBGC took over our pensions. Mine got wacked in half and I lost all bennies. I get less a month than I used to clear in a week

I feel for ya Charles. I honestly do. It’s just not right!

It’s one of the reasons that many companies have moved away from offering defined benefit pension plans to defined contribution plans.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc
Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.732 seconds