dcsimg

SDS Plus 4 cutting bits

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Skillman 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Guys,

I have been thinking to try some SDS plus 4 cutting bits(cross head).
    Everyday I install flashings and parapet caps into brick walls, masonry and concrete.
    I have been using Bosch Blue MultiConstruction(BlueGranite) round shank (the advantage of these bits is that they go EASILY through the sheet metal with not much pressure), and unfortunately they are not available as SDS Plus shank and I don’t want to use an adapter.
    So, I would like to try these type of bits…has anyone here used this kinda bit?
    Which brands are good and durable?
    The sizes I exclusively want are 1/4″ (6,3mm) and 5/16″ (8,0mm)

Thanks!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I am not sure I have seen the plus 4 bits in the stores but i do see them available on line in the SDS Plus shank.

You can get them through Hilti , the pictures on the Bosch website are not good enough to see if Bosch has that option.

@utopia78 anything Chris? Alex @madman_us?

Have you tried the SDS plus bits yet @bbernardedjr87 . Wondering your thoughts on personal use from your work .

Always willing to learn .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I’ve used the Hilti version numerous times and they work great. I find they start holes MUCH better since they don’t want to wander around.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I have a Hilti, a 7/16 I think. Give or take 1/16.
    I don’t know metal sheets but it goes in concrete very easily.
    OK, every other bit in my bag is Bosch. That’s the only foreigner 😀

Have you tried the SDS plus bits yet @bbernardedjr87 . Wondering your thoughts on personal use from your work .

Hey William,

Yes I have sir, and I do have a couple relevant things to mention why I like it so much.

First things first, there are some people even tradesmen (I hesitate to say) who don’t know how an sds chuck works, an sds chuck works by sliding the bit in and out (crucial detail here).

Using an SDS tool I will be dealing with DUST, in addition to that, I must take care a special about the chuck, cleaning it and lubricating it regularly.
    Otherwise I would not get the main action/benefit of the SDS chuck system, furthermore being useless the use of this type of tool and not getting the expected results.

Secondly, using an SDS tool I DO NOT have to push it hard against what I’d be drilling through(gentle push only)

Thirdly, super fast and easy way to remove and change drill bits, and NO MORE lost keys and toothless keyed chucks haha

Anyway, at end of the day I got more productivity and less stress.
    Thanks!

Oh dang it…I somehow missed the email notification when you tagged me.
    I will look into the thread over the weekend 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

We pretty much only use the Hilti bits at work…. sorry Bosch but you have to step it up

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

First things first, there are some people even tradesmen (I hesitate to say) who don’t know how an sds chuck works, an sds chuck works by sliding the bit in and out (crucial detail here).

Thank you for the explanation.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We pretty much only use the Hilti bits at work…. sorry Bosch but you have to step it up

Hey Kyle, man Hilti does have VERY VERY impressive drill bits, extremely durable!
    What sizes do you normally use?

All good Bill @theamcguy … don’t get me wrong I don’t want to appear a smartass…but its like this and most people don’t know.

I am not sure I have seen the plus 4 bits in the stores but i do see them available on line in the SDS Plus shank.

You can get them through Hilti , the pictures on the Bosch website are not good enough to see if Bosch has that option.

Thanks!

I’ve used the Hilti version numerous times and they work great. I find they start holes MUCH better since they don’t want to wander around.

Good to know, I hate when they do slip

I have a Hilti, a 7/16 I think. Give or take 1/16.
    I don’t know metal sheets but it goes in concrete very easily.
    OK, every other bit in my bag is Bosch. That’s the only foreigner 😀

Ok, the sheet metal is very thin…I do like Bosch drill bits.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Is that a bit extension?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Hey Kyle, man Hilti does have VERY VERY impressive drill bits, extremely durable!
    What sizes do you normally use?

I use everything from 1/4 inch up to 2 inch

It’s nice when it’s on the company’s dime $$ . Have you tried there dust kits yet for drilling .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.553 seconds